• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Finally got around to snapping some interior shots of the Smash I picked up a couple weeks ago.

Really fun stuff inside :)

A title I've always wanted to collect, but never quite gotten around to it.

Have a local buddy who is a big fan of those Smashs books - quality indeed!

Edited by sacentaur

Finally got around to snapping some interior shots of the Smash I picked up a couple weeks ago.

Really fun stuff inside :)

A title I've always wanted to collect, but never quite gotten around to it.

Have a local buddy who is a big fan of those Smashs books - quality indeed!

I've considered it for some time too. Perhaps I'll pick up an issue here and there, or pick a subset to collect. I really enjoyed reading this one

Here's a couple of books that arrived today:

12065.jpg

And here's one I've wanted for awhile. Missing an ad page, but I don't care. :cloud9:

kee1100a.jpg

oh, happy day. thanks to a buddy, my chesler run is, at long last, CLOSED!!!

paper shcmaper, i LOVE the thing.

punch12.jpg

Wow!!! what a pick up, I've been wanting to get a copy of that book for quite some time now, big congratulations. :applause:

oh, happy day. thanks to a buddy, my chesler run is, at long last, CLOSED!!!

paper shcmaper, i LOVE the thing.

punch12.jpg

Wow!!! what a pick up, I've been wanting to get a copy of that book for quite some time now, big congratulations. :applause:

Awesome book! :applause: Been on my wantlist for years...

Thanks, guys! I've wanted a Keen Detective Funnies 20 since I saw the cover in a book called The Golden Age of Comic Books by Richard O'Brien when I was a kid. Really glad to have it. :luhv:

I've wanted a Keen Detective Funnies 20 since I saw the cover in a book called The Golden Age of Comic Books by Richard O'Brien when I was a kid

Same here - O'Brien was my first (and still favorite) book on GA. (thumbs u

I've wanted a Keen Detective Funnies 20 since I saw the cover in a book called The Golden Age of Comic Books by Richard O'Brien when I was a kid

It is a great book.

I need to get another copy, I misplaced my old one years ago.

Ditto... for a while I was trying to collect covers represented in that book (still have a few left). Just a mind blowing volume for a little kid to get for a Christmas present back in the late 70's!! It warped me for life.

Nice KDF 20 Doiby... I approve! (thumbs u

Ditto... for a while I was trying to collect covers represented in that book (still have a few left). Just a mind blowing volume for a little kid to get for a Christmas present back in the late 70's!! It warped me for life.

I didn't have one as a kid but I took it off the shelf earlier this week and am in the middle or re-reading it. Given that O'Brien didn't have the Gerber Guide he sure picked an excellent set of issues to picture in his book!

I learned so much from that book. I only knew DC and Marvel. It was the first I ever heard of Comic House/Lev Gleason, Centaur(:cloud9:) and many other lesser known publishers.

:acclaim:

a beat up little champ on my want-list just popped up on ebay--in the box it goes. lemme tell ya', these books are not easy to find. espeially the later ones with the sidebars---some never come up for sale.

champ16.jpg