• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,388 posts in this topic

It ain't a Fine cover (though maybe the best Ray cover of the run) but there is some Fine artwork on the inside!

smash17.jpg

Incredible books! The Allentown WW 8 and the Hit 8 and 9 are just amazing! I can't even find nice 5.0s, can't imagine what those look like in-hand.

Here are some more Fines, and Mr. Parker is correct, Mystery Men 10 isn't too shabby either.

finegrp2.jpg

ABC023A.jpg

Interesting stamps. This is the Sep 1947 issue, so I presume the July 1947 date stamp is when it was put on the stands. I wonder what the .15 stamp represents? Higher than usual markup? Back issue pricing? Kinda cool either way, I like it (thumbs u

Incredible books! The Allentown WW 8 and the Hit 8 and 9 are just amazing! I can't even find nice 5.0s, can't imagine what those look like in-hand.

Here are some more Fines, and Mr. Parker is correct, Mystery Men 10 isn't too shabby either.

finegrp2.jpg

Would you people just STOP IT! I can't afford to get into these titles. :frustrated:

wonderworld8.jpg

Very Nice, Mr. B!

That Fine puppy is high on my wish list; maybe someday we can do some trading.

While we're discussing nice looking books this holiday season here are a couple of special goodies from my collection (lumps of Cole aren't so bad) ...

policecomics_11.jpg

...and THIS, the greatest single issue showcase of Jack Cole's work in my estimation, AND my all time favorite GA book! Note: Many years ago the Mile High copy resided in my collection; this one is very close to the Edgar Church book, condition-wise:

silverstreak_2.jpg

Edited by DavidMerryweather

...and THIS, the greatest single issue showcase of Jack Cole's work in my estimation, AND my all time favorite GA book! Note: Many years ago the Mile High copy resided in my collection; this one is very close to the Edgar Church book, condition-wise:

silverstreak_2.jpg

(worship)