• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

While not comic books, I thought these would be particularly appreciated here:

lf-5.jpglf-4.jpg

:applause: Nice one sheets! That Captain Marvel poster is almost as awesome as the Republic cliffhanger that spawned it and the Batman and Robin poster is even better than the Columbia serial. Thanks for sharing these! :headbang:

Added a few more beauts from tonight's CLINK auction:

RAD0BE8B2011112_202015.jpg

Guess I should start paying attention to the CLINK auctions. This is one I need for my D. Tracy collection

They were fantastic auctions for buying Bill. Lots of great bargains to be had.

Now, I just need to figure out how to pay for them. hm

While not comic books, I thought these would be particularly appreciated here:

lf-5.jpglf-4.jpg

:applause:(worship)

What great posters to own . I have both those serials . you can't go wrong with both of those from a investment or asthetic view .Congrats.. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Added a few more beauts from tonight's CLINK auction:

RAD0BE8B2011112_202015.jpg

Guess I should start paying attention to the CLINK auctions. This is one I need for my D. Tracy collection

Well what do you know? Fate (and Al Stoltz) lent a hand on my birthday today. Went to the little Philly show and found a copy! Not a 9.0 like Mark's but it is a pretty nice one. Either way, I'm very glad to have it in the D. Tracy box :)

postgazette.jpg

Just bought this from a guy who picked up this File copy in 1983 and said he hasn't touched it since then. About as nice a copy as you will see, I think. I have another one as nice with glasses attached as well. I post both.

That's so cool, and it's always nice to find 3-D comics in grade and with the glasses. I wish there were a way to take a photo of how the art looks in 3-D.

After a week of being shut out of Schomburg covers from both Heritage and Comiclink, I managed to snag this gem from the weekly Heritage auction for much less then my max bid:

Thrilling Comics 63 CGC 9.2 File Copy

lf.jpg

Seems to me the book would have fetched a few hundred dollars more (at least) if it were in the Signature auction but I guess the heavy hitters were taking the night off, or perhaps didn't expect it to show up in the weekly auction. Either way, :takeit:

After a week of being shut out of Schomburg covers from both Heritage and Comiclink, I managed to snag this gem from the weekly Heritage auction for much less then my max bid:

lf.jpg

Seems to me the book would have fetched a few hundred dollars more (at least) if it were in the Signature auction but I guess the heavy hitters were taking the night off, or perhaps didn't expect it to show up in the weekly auction. Either way, :takeit:

Weekly auction wins :applause:

lf.jpg

I've felt a slight cooling in the Nedor titles in the last couple of auctions. It seems to me that some of the people who have been very active have taken a break.

lf.jpg

Beautiful! (worship)