• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

I've been (very) slowly plugging away on the Schomburg airbrush covers, and was really happy to add this one from a recent Comiclink auction. CGC absolutely hammered this one for the PQ, because other than that it looks like a high grade book, flat and tight with a spine to die for. :cloud9:

startling51.jpg

Great looking book despite the PQ. Love to know the history of this book. Carefully stored away, apparently, but in conditions that resulted in brittle pages. hm

I bid aggressively on the 6.0 of this book at the recent Heritage auction, but lost out, as it went for double guide.

But thanks to a Boardie, I now have this lovely copy in my collection along with the mailer it was sent out in :)

Second comic book :cloud9:

FamousFunniesCOC5_0NN_zps8f945f4c.jpg

FamousFunniesCOCmailer_zps559e8542.jpg

I bid aggressively on the 6.0 of this book at the recent Heritage auction, but lost out, as it went for double guide.

But thanks to a Boardie, I now have this lovely copy in my collection along with the mailer it was sent out in :)

that's a very cool piece of comic history Bill!

Whoa! Is that neat?! :applause:

:applause: A great book, but the mailer makes it special.

I never knew about the lack of address or zip code either. Interesting stuff.

That presents so nicely from the front for a 5.0.

Bill, you are a true Renaissance Man! :applause:

That presents so nicely from the front for a 5.0.

Bill, you are a true Renaissance Man! :applause:

The back looks just as nice :cloud9: