• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

3150166889_af66dbfdaf_o.jpg

I have had this book for a long time. Purchased it from a local guy whose name I don't remember.

But recently I picked up a low grade copy and got the chance to look through it again.

Love the Starman story by Burnley. :banana: Robots vs. superheroes is always good...

15985777682_b4e70d3ec7_b.jpg

and Bernie always did a great job when working with the Spectre.

15986438085_1e0b18b49f_b.jpg

15794033549_e96dcd64b7_c.jpg

Wheaties giveaways are usually a beat up good. In many cases they are just poor and some guy named Joe seemed to sign the Hawkman story in the Flash giveaway..

15794033389_25d48b0a95_c.jpg

Super awesome! I just love promotional comics...and these are the greatest!Sweet...except that Joe guy scribbling inside.... ^^

Always admire your books,cool.stuff lives in your collection.Is there a story behind these?

Unfortunately, I don't have a story to go with the book. I like the smaller Wheaties giveaways too. I have tried to collect Superman-Tim books but usually get beat when I bid. Most of the Fawcett giveaways are easier to find and the smaller books can be seen in several variations.

Firestone giveaways are usually dusted off and displayed for Christmas.

Missed the book in Cheetah's thread but pick it up later from Bedrock

TerrificComics004copy_zpscf2f2cc4.jpg

Sweet copy! So hard to get books in this run. Love that cover, and LB Cole interior art too! :D

Cover and interior is mostly by Palais. Other stories are by Appel, Albright and Van Buren.

15794033549_e96dcd64b7_c.jpg

Wheaties giveaways are usually a beat up good. In many cases they are just poor and some guy named Joe seemed to sign the Hawkman story in the Flash giveaway..

15794033389_25d48b0a95_c.jpg

Super awesome! I just love promotional comics...and these are the greatest!Sweet...except that Joe guy scribbling inside.... ^^

Always admire your books,cool.stuff lives in your collection.Is there a story behind these?

Unfortunately, I don't have a story to go with the book. I like the smaller Wheaties giveaways too. I have tried to collect Superman-Tim books but usually get beat when I bid. Most of the Fawcett giveaways are easier to find and the smaller books can be seen in several variations.

Firestone giveaways are usually dusted off and displayed for Christmas.

Thanks for the info,and for sharing again!I've a few Canadian Grape.Nuts giveaways in rough shape I've posted before....I'll try and dig them up for you.These feature Fawcetts characters inside..

Got Two Black Terrors in today, well one Black Terror and an Exciting Comics!

LOVE this cover! First up BLACK TERROR 15

BLACKTERROR15-SMALL.jpg

Insane-- Radar to the Moon-- saboteurs with blow torches! And the faces! Oh the faces! Were I around in the 1940s as a kid I would have been all over these!

And this one, EXCITING COMICS 45!

The Black Terror battles a robot-- and if that's not enough the Robot is carrying BOTH a knife AND a gun! They made a great little statue out of this cover and I was psyched to find it!

EXCITING%2BCOMICS%2B045SMALL.jpg

Edited by AndyFish

Missed the book in Cheetah's thread but pick it up later from Bedrock

TerrificComics004copy_zpscf2f2cc4.jpg

Sweet copy! So hard to get books in this run. Love that cover, and LB Cole interior art too! :D

Cover and interior is mostly by Palais. Other stories are by Appel, Albright and Van Buren.

Yes, Palais certainly did most of it. Cole gets a credit on the CGC label, and although I just looked at the interior on the Digital Comic Museum and didn't see a direct credit on the page I'd guess that helped out with the BOOMERANG story with Palais. It looks like there's some of his style there. Just a guess by me though.

1418244925TERRIFIC_COMICS_4-10-Boomerang.jpg

Although, this certainly seems to be the splash of the whole issue:

1418244766TERRIFIC_COMICS_4-22-MollyO%27Moore.jpg