• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,386 posts in this topic

Saw someone posted a Man O' Mars. Found this high grade long while back. I think this has the most intense colors of any comic cover produced of the GA SA era. This would be perfect less the little blemish at the top left. Took me years to find a higher grade copy. I just sent it in for grading so we will see how the blemish affects the grade.

manomars.jpg

Since Frisco was posting his Mooney cover i'll bring this one out.Thanks to Sharon for this purple beauty from Ace Publishing :)

102_5408_zps8989d5c2.jpg

WICKED COOL book Jack!!!! LOVE IT!!!! I don't have this issue, so .... if you decide to sell it at any point. PLEASE keep me in mind :wishluck: Thanks for sharing it pal :)

A couple of recent acquisitions, both of which are Batman artist Mr. Sprang file copies. (The forum software won't let me post his first name, like it's dirty or something.)

DetectiveComics102web_zpse7563f69.jpg

DetectiveComics108web_zpsb69a558a.jpg

Wow - those are beautiful books.

Saw someone posted a Man O' Mars. Found this high grade long while back. I think this has the most intense colors of any comic cover produced of the GA SA era. This would be perfect less the little blemish at the top left. Took me years to find a higher grade copy. I just sent it in for grading so we will see how the blemish affects the grade.

manomars.jpg

a killer cover!

A couple of recent acquisitions, both of which are Batman artist Mr. Sprang file copies. (The forum software won't let me post his first name, like it's dirty or something.)

Two really nice books. I think only 102 has a cover by D ick Sprang. The 108 cover is cool too, though. (thumbs u

Two really nice books. I think only 102 has a cover by D ick Sprang. The 108 cover is cool too, though. (thumbs u

Beautiful books! Why would Sprang have the 108 in among his file copies if he did not work on it? ???

Sprang did some interior art. I believe he drew "The a Goat of Gotham City" story inside.

I've seen a high grade CGC copy before with George Roussos getting the cover credit on #108. I think George also did the Air Wave story inside.