• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Was really nervous about this deal but everything worked out great. Not often do these pop up in the wild. Picked these up from a local collector who stopped collecting in the mid 80's.

CIMG4279_zpsooe1lumd.jpg

AS8_zpsbdq3avhh.jpg

I'd say you did very well! (worship)

WOW! ^^

Was really nervous about this deal but everything worked out great. Not often do these pop up in the wild. Picked these up from a local collector who stopped collecting in the mid 80's.

CIMG4279_zpsooe1lumd.jpg

I'd say you did very well! (worship)

+1 :headbang:

+2 :applause:

Thanks.

The AS8 looks around 1.8 maybe a bit better. The All Stars came into the shop she worked at in early 80's. She picked em up and held onto them for around 30+ years.

The grades range from about 1.5 to around 6.0. X-Men looks about 5.5-6.0.

Edited by Rip

I might post this one over there. hm

I'll have to get some better pics up. Sometimes I tend to be a little tigher on grading.

Would rather be happy the book comes up higher than lower.

Just this guy back from being restored by Hero Restoration. Very surprised on the grade as it looks comparable to many other 7.5 - 8.0 issues I own and looks amazing in hand (the colors pop much more than in this pic).

BFDo6zA.jpg

Adv 42 is a Top 5 book for me (I enjoy it so much I have two copies) - congrat's!

Just this guy back from being restored by Hero Restoration. Very surprised on the grade as it looks comparable to many other 7.5 - 8.0 issues I own and looks amazing in hand (the colors pop much more than in this pic).

BFDo6zA.jpg

Love that cover. It always brings to mind the scenes near the end of "Phantom of the Opera" with Chaney.

BFDo6zA.jpg

That is a great book .Early grey tone too. :cloud9:

I just love these early Shazam covers.

Me too, I just don't see them for sale often enough and never really got around to collecting them.

Here's the 5 I just picked, excited to get it in hand soon:

12e0cf0b-578f-4b9d-95b9-8381798aa913_zpsmbc79hz3.jpg

28791558235_52d1356304_b.jpg

Some of those BLB covers are fun to collect. I don't think I can find enough Buz and Cap. If I can ever dig out from under all of those stacks of golden age I might be able to store my collection of BLBs on the book shelves that are hidden in the back.

Edited by BB-Gun

Me too, I just don't see them for sale often enough and never really got around to collecting them.

Very nice!

Gorgeous copy, Steve. I've always liked this cover. :applause: