• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Picked this up as part of a large trade..... it was just so colorful and cool looking. This title has never been what you'd call popular..... this one was around a hundred bucks..... not too horrible for a high grade 1942 comic. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

i3xP4bl.jpg

:applause:

True, did someone else say True? I believe Micah has / had a run of True and I know Rick likes to stock them. Glad to see you interested Jimbo. Lot of great stories documentary / bio style in these. The title goes down in the later part of the run, circa post mid-50's issue number. Becomes more like Heroic, with short (2 or 3 pages) random facts / anecdotes / true-life stories zzz Am still chasing / looking for some issues to fill the early part of the run.

LbdkQKc.jpg

Here's the Oswald story with Woody:

Oswald%20Page%204_zpsorjc5tsn.jpg

I didn't know Woody didn't have his traditional red and blue colors to begin with (kind of like the grey Hulk).

Here are a couple pages from issue #66. I'd be curious to know what colors he had in his 2nd appearance (#65).

New%20Funnies%2066%20Woody%20page-1_zpsgc8toah4.jpg

New%20Funnies%2066%20Woody%20page-2_zpsoykxwoh0.jpg

I know this isn't GA but, I'm hoping one of you guys can help me with this.

How was this distributed? Are there others? Was it packaged with something?

It's just a single sheet folded in half. The back cover shows a 1973 copyright date.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Front:

Spirit-Background-FC_zpspycfakcj.jpg

Back:

Spirit-Background-BC_zpsaseye9df.jpg

Just picked this up

Funnies%2064_zpsa1zlklth.jpg

That's little Eight Ball on the readers right...

He was a regular in New Funnies until Woody pushed him out. I think he started as a Walter Lantz cartoon. Was it the Magpie...and the Tiger or the Hunter?

ED: According to Wikipedia...

Lil' Eightball is a Walter Lantz character, who made his first appearance in the cartoon "The Stubborn Mule", in 1939. His final appearance was in 1939, in "A Haunting We Will Go". He is a Black stereotype and was voiced by Mel Blanc.

Edited by BB-Gun

That's little Eight Ball on the readers right...

He was a regular in New Funnies until Woody pushed him out. I think he started as a Walter Lantz cartoon. Was it the Magpie...and the Tiger or the Hunter?

ED: According to Wikipedia...

Lil' Eightball is a Walter Lantz character, who made his first appearance in the cartoon "The Stubborn Mule", in 1939. His final appearance was in 1939, in "A Haunting We Will Go". He is a Black stereotype and was voiced by Mel Blanc.

Thank you BB… :)

He made me curious, as the other characters are animals (as most of Walter Lantz', right?), while he is human.