• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

And this one.

11302016fix9-720x1024.jpg

Great cover! So what's on page 31???

Will never no 'cause I shipped it to GCG :makepoint:

Hmm. Interesting. But no page 31... :(

One question: as a novice to sending books to CGC, I'm wondering what was your reason for shipping it to CGC? Obviously to get it graded, but -- is the objective to keep it safe in a slab, or to sell it one of these days soon? Or something else?

And this one.

One question: as a novice to sending books to CGC, I'm wondering what was your reason for shipping it to CGC? Obviously to get it graded, but -- is the objective to keep it safe in a slab, or to sell it one of these days soon? Or something else?

To make sure you’re not tempted to browse it or read it here and there? :D

and the accompanying double splash.

minuteman3a_zpsgzav2xgr.jpg

Thanks Electron!! That's an amazing double splash! The artwork has some signs of Jack Cole, though comics.org says Phil Bard. Never heard of that guy.

BTW your signature line is inspirational.

And this one.

That was a typo and attempt at humor. Should have said "I will never know because I shipped it to GCG"

Actually I owned another copy that I read, liked it enough to upgrade. Plus book is available via comic book readers such as copy here.

Reason for slabbing - I guess I personally like to put my favorites that are maybe a little higher grade or more valuable in slabs. Makes me feel secure handling them, and they are more liquid I presume if I decided to sell. My books go from mylar to 4 mil mylar, to 4 mil mylar inside those bcw holders to slabbed - I guess just depending on how I feel about it?

Thanks Electron!! That's an amazing double splash! The artwork has some signs of Jack Cole, though comics.org says Phil Bard. Never heard of that guy.

Fyi, there is another Minute Man story "The Return of the Black Poet" drawn by Phil Bard, inside America's Greatest Comics #2, a raw copy of which I just sold over on the for sale thread. Also has great art and splash.

And this one.

That was a typo and attempt at humor. Should have said "I will never know because I shipped it to GCG"

Actually I owned another copy that I read, liked it enough to upgrade. Plus book is available via comic book readers such as copy here.

Reason for slabbing - I guess I personally like to put my favorites that are maybe a little higher grade or more valuable in slabs. Makes me feel secure handling them, and they are more liquid I presume if I decided to sell. My books go from mylar to 4 mil mylar, to 4 mil mylar inside those bcw holders to slabbed - I guess just depending on how I feel about it?

Hi path4play. Thanks for your insights. That makes some sense. My default for unslabbed is double mylar (4 mil inside 1 mil). Gives the books a nice sparkle. And limits the bug chews.

Happy to help out. Love your sig line too! For a guy named Zolnerowich,you sure like Fine! lol

Edited by Electron