• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Probably gonna squeeze 3 posts out of this acquisition!! :grin:

31446060814_983d63716c_b.jpg

Fantastic 1st app. of Mr. Justice! A blue ribbon beaut! Plus, the "two big lead stories," Richy and Rang-A-Tang! (um, who?)

Gino, I suppose you know there's art by your favorite, Ramona Patenaude, in this issue.

Fantastic 1st app. of Mr. Justice! A blue ribbon beaut! Plus, the "two big lead stories," Richy and Rang-A-Tang! (um, who?)

Gino, I suppose you know there's art by your favorite, Ramona Patenaude, in this issue.

I saw that on CBP but i will admit I wouldn't have if i didn't land this issue!! Man she's awesome

i just love the way she worked a pencil!! thanks brother. I wish CGC noted her but they don't even when she did covers for some reason. Anyone have an issue where CgC notes her work?9

I saw that on CBP but i will admit I wouldn't have if i didn't land this issue!! Man she's awesome

i just love the way she worked a pencil!! thanks brother. I wish CGC noted her but they don't even when she did covers for some reason. Anyone have an issue where CgC notes her work?9

Congrats!

Got this recently (Did Pons post this book a while ago? Got this from Terry's. Funny how books move around!):

Seven%20Seas%203%206%20dot%205001_zpsinub5coh.jpg

Which frees this up:

Seven%20Seas%203%205%20dot%200002_zpsx0d9yi1r.jpg

I find it interesting how badly various critters were rendered in the Golden Age. Seems cephalopods were occasionally especially poorly drawn. Lack of good reference material, eh? We're sure spoiled in the internet age! :grin:

Got this recently (Did Pons post this book a while ago? Got this from Terry's. Funny how books move around!):

Which frees this up:

I find it interesting how badly various critters were rendered in the Golden Age. Seems cephalopods were occasionally especially poorly drawn. Lack of good reference material, eh? We're sure spoiled in the internet age! :grin:

I know Baker maintained a huge "swipe file," but maybe it lacked any photos of octopuses.

I wonder if Robert O'Brien lived in a town named Blue River? hm

guessing we can see this in a higher numbered slab sooner or later :wishluck:

Which frees this up:

Strictly from the front cover scans you are showing, I kinda lean more to the 5.0 copy. Looks better with out the inked name on front.

Which frees this up:

Strictly from the front cover scans you are showing, I kinda lean more to the 5.0 copy. Looks better with out the inked name on front.

Unless you're Robert O'brien from Blue River... :baiting:

Which frees this up:

Unless you're Robert O'brien from Blue River... :baiting:

"Which frees this up" ... meaning: :takeit: ??

guessing we can see this in a higher numbered slab sooner or later :wishluck:

Here is your twin

102_5958_zpsc2r8jh0n.jpg

Which frees this up:

Yeah, from the FC they are really close!

The 5.0 has some minor stains on the BC though.

Sometimes trying to decide which copy to keep isn't easy! :frustrated: