• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Picked up a small collection of 50 GA books and these where my keepers. The rest will be sold at Terry's show this weekend.

FullSizeRender%202.jpg

WOW Jeff!!!!!!!! :o

:applause: That is a pretty darn serious haul right there bro!!! Love that Speed and the Capt Courageous!!! The MLJs the Miss A!! Dang man all great keepers the MMC46 is a no brainer!!

Picked up a small collection of 50 GA books and these where my keepers. The rest will be sold at Terry's show this weekend.

FullSizeRender%202.jpg

Man, I'd better make another trip to the bank tomorrow. There is going to be one of the best displays of GA ever there I think. Where is your booth?

FullSizeRender%202.jpg

Man, I'd better make another trip to the bank tomorrow. There is going to be one of the best displays of GA ever there I think. Where is your booth?

Let's see...I think I was supposed to be your helper this year, right? hm

Pretty dang excited to pick up this origin of Sheena issue with her first leopard skin costume.. :banana:

The Hawk story is signed by Eisner, which is pretty cool too.

IMG_2325.jpgimagen

IMG_2328.jpgimagen

Awesome book Rick. Hope to see it in a sales thread some day!

Fun Fact:

You would be surprised to know that at least one in every 10 books I buy has never been in a sales thread.

Lovin' the Jumbo! Great book Rick!! And thx for the Sheena page! Nice of "Bob" to say, "You're still a woman... Ha! Ha!" Kinda stating the obvious.

I am taking over Cloud 9's spot. Which is by Jamie Newbold and across from Terry. The name is Elite Comic Source(former business partner of Cloud 9 Comics). I do have to warn you though, I may be out to busy buying to be at my booth selling. :D

The best books are the ones that cost less than lunch.

If Cleveland wins the Series this year, I figure this book is going to the moon. :wishluck:

Unfortunately it will not be going interstellar. The Astros are going to the Series.

If Cleveland wins the Series this year, I figure this book is going to the moon. :wishluck:

Unfortunately it will not be going interstellar. The Astros are going to the Series.

Superbowl :sumo:

Pftt.

Red Sox

A pick up from Clink last night.

16a26c71586c6984cacb3259988e3c18be5b3eb0.jpeg

Not a high number as grading goes but it's probably still one of my top 10 Batman covers (or close to it) and I never owned a copy even though I know of about 5 or 6 copies that family and friends own in super high grade.

I think my copy at least looks decent enough to proudly sport that Sprang cover with honor. :)

A pick up from Clink last night.

16a26c71586c6984cacb3259988e3c18be5b3eb0.jpeg

Not a high number as grading goes but it's probably still one of my top 10 Batman covers (or close to it) and I never owned a copy even though I know of about 5 or 6 copies that family and friends own in super high grade.

I think my copy at least looks decent enough to proudly sport that Sprang cover with honor. :)

Still a nice copy that probably got whacked for that chip near the staple.

Your family and friends own five or six copies in super high grade? The highest graded copy on the census is only an 8.5 and there is only one other copy above a 6.5.

Can I hang out with you guys some time? :D

Most collectors I know own mostly raw books and are older collectors than me. Only my collection has CGC books in it out of several collections in my family. We have I believe two copies of that book that were purchased off the newsstand upon original release.

I grew up and lived in grade envy but I'm over it now. Happy to be a bottom feeder with decent looking copies of books I enjoy owning. I do enjoy looking at the killer books that Bedrock and others post because that's what I grew up seeing them look like for the most part.

Still enjoying that 4.5 Phantom Stranger #4 I bought off you as much as the 9.0 ish copies that others I know own. :)

Pftt.

Red Sox

And since you guys mentioned baseball I also won this off Clink last night. It isn't a comic but if it was it would be golden age and it is also a CGC copy. :grin:

d5e364cc1a11646f9066c163bd9f562c0cc7cc17.jpeg

It was a totally random purchase after getting outbid on another comic. Saw it, threw a bid out and won it. SI is kind of a classic sports mag so.... hm