• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,444 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2021 at 11:47 AM, Electron said:

Thanks Jimmy! And yes, that can be arranged!!

We have ourselves quite a time Russell!!! Great funny books, great food .... the only downside is that the clock always seems to operate at 5 times faster than normal. :/  STILL though, we sure get a lot of geeking in!!!!  :headbang:

On 8/13/2021 at 12:14 PM, path4play said:

Pretty excited about this find.  Front cover anyone?

20210813_120838-1536x1152.jpg

Question, anyone know where or who might have a reproduction front cover for a Fantastic Comics #3?

I'm thinking of slabbing this with a repo front cover.... I'm assuming that would still grade blue 0.5 or NG?  "missing front cover only, with repo front cover" or something like that.  Since the front cover is really the money shot on this one, I think that would make sense.

Edited by path4play

On 9/18/2021 at 6:46 PM, path4play said:

Question, anyone know where or who might have a reproduction front cover for a Fantastic Comics #3?

I'm thinking of slabbing this with a repo front cover.... I'm assuming that would still grade blue 0.5 or NG?  "missing front cover only, with repo front cover" or something like that.  Since the front cover is really the money shot on this one, I think that would make sense.

Since you have the original back cover, you'd get a blue 0.5, that is if there's no restoration on it somewhere. GREAT score!!!! You likely have one of the only raw copies that can actually be thumbed thru, as since it's SO expensive, most people have them encapsulated or don't crack them out if they buy them that way. Well done!!!  :applause:

On 9/18/2021 at 4:46 PM, path4play said:

If you add a repo cover, I would guess that you'll get a green label.  Are you good at photoshop or photo editing?  If it were mine, I would make a new cover using the original image, but clearly NOT just a reprinted cover.  Maybe different colors, maybe a text change...  The difficult part of the repo for you will be finding the interior front cover image.

Seeing all those coverless books on feebay with xerox covers is upsetting.  I always feel as if they're trying to scam someone.

On 9/19/2021 at 2:13 PM, Yorick said:

If you add a repo cover, I would guess that you'll get a green label.  Are you good at photoshop or photo editing?  If it were mine, I would make a new cover using the original image, but clearly NOT just a reprinted cover.  Maybe different colors, maybe a text change...  The difficult part of the repo for you will be finding the interior front cover image.

Seeing all those coverless books on feebay with xerox covers is upsetting.  I always feel as if they're trying to scam someone.

Reproduction covers also get an NG.

On 9/18/2021 at 10:43 AM, CLLCCNNX said:

Most of the pictures posted here are not showiing for me. Is there a setting that I need to adjust? I do see some of them but most seem broken.

Depends how far back you’re looking.  Most pics from more than 3 or 4 years ago don’t show up for me either.  I think it’s due to a board migration or old formats or things like photobucket not being supported.

On 9/25/2021 at 10:25 AM, path4play said:

Winner winner chicken dinner.  Some smudge on cover, and oxidation on staples but nice colors.

Comic080-973x1406.jpg

Nice! You pressed this, right? The spine looks *so* much better than in the auction.