• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

Thank you to Rick for turning me on to these, to Billy for NOT buying them when they were offered to him...;) but mostly to my friend Richard for Selling them to me when they were still available (worship)

I think there is even a Paratrooper cover hidden in the 2nd book...;)

amazingman.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship)

The reasons why I won't be chasing Tec27Kid's Marvel 1 or Ciorac's Exciting #9:

Tec #19 cgc 4.0 unrestored:

Tec19.jpg[/img]

Tec #20 Fine + Windy City:

Tec20.jpg[/img]

Tec #31 CGC 5.0 unrestored:

Tec3150.jpg[/img]

Flash #1 unrestored VG-:

Flash1.jpg[/img]

How can you afford to buy this item before setlling your AF #15 purchase :o

There was an awesome deal I recently came into. This nice guy from Nigeria sent me a bazillion $ check for a pittance. All I had to do was cash it and send him a processing fee back. :insane:

There was an awesome deal I recently came into. This nice guy from Nigeria sent me a bazillion $ check for a pittance. All I had to do was cash it and send him a processing fee back. :insane:

:signfunny:

Have to say I haven't laughed as much recently as reading through the Genreal thread about the AF #15 (thumbs u

Have to say I haven't laughed as much recently as reading through the Genreal thread about the AF #15 (thumbs u

Are you laughing at me?

46764-yayclouds.gif.6be583e42526b4a459bb3f77287c1642.gif

Is a rockt through the Earth sybolism for for something in the 40's?

The cover story is an adaptation of the Burroughs novel At the Earth's Core, a Hollow Earth/Lost World story. The "rocket" is the vehicle that the protaganists use to travel through the Earth's crust - probably the first "Mole Machine" in fiction and a device that would often be imitated. The cover is just a stylistic representation. (thumbs u

Jeff

Is a rockt through the Earth sybolism for for something in the 40's?

The cover story is an adaptation of the Burroughs novel At the Earth's Core, a Hollow Earth/Lost World story. The "rocket" is the vehicle that the protaganists use to travel through the Earth's crust - probably the first "Mole Machine" in fiction and a device that would often be imitated. The cover is just a stylistic representation. (thumbs u

Jeff

Don't have any proof of that but that's quite an interesting question. My money is that it was used somewhere else before, ... maybe in the Dime Novels ... Now, I will wonder all night :pullhair:

Are you laughing at me?

at and with you (thumbs u