• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelesserfool - update #2

33 posts in this topic

Well, I just got the results of the Postal Money Order investigation. The crooked S.O.B. cashed the money order...and I still don't have anything to show for it. So now I can either eat my losses, or have the guy investigated for mail fraud.

Just venting, really...I know the guy is gone from the boards (so far as we know), and there's not much anyone can do about it. But I figured it couldn't hurt to let you know how it all shook down with the Post Office.

Best,

Mikey

Well, I just got the results of the Postal Money Order investigation. The crooked S.O.B. cashed the money order...and I still don't have anything to show for it. So now I can either eat my losses, or have the guy investigated for mail fraud.

Just venting, really...I know the guy is gone from the boards (so far as we know), and there's not much anyone can do about it. But I figured it couldn't hurt to let you know how it all shook down with the Post Office.

Best,

Mikey

PM Foolkiller.

Best,

Mikey

PM Foolkiller.

893applaud-thumb.gif

I'd go the mail fraud route just on principle regardless of the amount of money I lost... sumo.gif

Low life scammers depend on people not filing claims and continue to thrive due to their targets not wanting to make an effort to press charges...

Jim

I'd go the mail fraud route just on principle regardless of the amount of money I lost... sumo.gif

Low life scammers depend on people not filing claims and continue to thrive due to their targets not wanting to make an effort to press charges...

Jim

Agreed 150%!

Jim

Agreed 150%!

Agree 200%!!

It's the principle, the amount of money involved isn't relevent.

Thanks guys. According to the Postal Inspection website --

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/

-- they base their investigations "on the number, pattern, and substance of complaints received". So it would helpful to know who else around here paid for, and didn't receive, their books from Ish.

I know carcrawfordfan finally got his stuff, but is there anyone else out there who's still holding an empty bag?

Jim

Agreed 150%!

Agree 200%!!

I knew I shoulda' picked a higer % tonofbricks.gif

Jim

Agreed 150%!

Agree 200%!!

I knew I shoulda' picked a higer % tonofbricks.gif

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

I'm still out my $20. I stupidly didn't keep up with my MO receipt (years of flawless transactions on here spoiled the heck out of me). But I have Ish's name and address, so I'll take it as far as I can. Strength in numbers, it sounds like! thumbsup2.gif

-- they base their investigations "on the number, pattern, and substance of complaints received". So it would helpful to know who else around here paid for, and didn't receive, their books from Ish.

I know carcrawfordfan finally got his stuff, but is there anyone else out there who's still holding an empty bag?

Count me in sir. I still have the Money Order stub and the information he provided to me.

Pat

Count me in sir. I still have the Money Order stub and the information he provided to me.

Pat

Well, that makes three of us at least! The on-line complaint form is here:

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm

I'm gonna give Ish until Monday (already e-mailed him again) to contact me. If not, I'm filing the claim. If you go that route, be sure to mention the rest of us in the text box at the bottom.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Who's with me?!?

12681620_1810a371eb_m.jpg