• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAN DIEGO COMIC_CON

197 posts in this topic

I will be debuting a brand new awesome pre-code horror collection of about 1500 books at San Diego. Great stuff. Grades are all over, but I have books I have never seen before. Complete or near complete runs of stuff like Mr Mistery, Weird Tales of the Future, Weird Mysteries, Dark Mysteries, Fight against Crime, and just tons more really good stuff, and some pretty decent GGA books too. Several of the really cool covers of All Top, Zoot, Rulah, Claire Voyante, Brenda Starr and others. Also a little bit of Fiction House including Fight #1 and Wings #1.

I will be at booth 737, so come check it out.

Sorry, I can't go. You can take me off the list.

Can't go to the dinner, or can't go to the con? I'll be at the con, but not the dinner.

Same here. Con, no dinner.

You guys are nuts! The Forum dinner is the best part of the Cons!

Sorry, I can't go. You can take me off the list.

Can't go to the dinner, or can't go to the con? I'll be at the con, but not the dinner.

Same here. Con, no dinner.

You guys are nuts! The Forum dinner is the best part of the Cons!

If the forum dinner is the best part of the con for you, you are the one who's nuts. 27_laughing.gif I get to see my cousins once every 3 or 4 years, can't pass up any chance to spend time with them.

Dale Roberts Said: I will be debuting a brand new awesome pre-code horror collection of about 1500 books at San Diego. Great stuff. Grades are all over, but I have books I have never seen before. Complete or near complete runs of stuff like Mr Mistery, Weird Tales of the Future, Weird Mysteries, Dark Mysteries, Fight against Crime, and just tons more really good stuff, and some pretty decent GGA books too. Several of the really cool covers of All Top, Zoot, Rulah, Claire Voyante, Brenda Starr and others. Also a little bit of Fiction House including Fight #1 and Wings #1.

I will be at booth 737, so come check it out.

I'll be there hi.gif

If the forum dinner is the best part of the con for you, you are the one who's nuts. 27_laughing.gif

Ouch, a stinging indictment of everyone on the boards who attends a forum dinner! poke2.gif

Seriously, buying and selling comics I can do 365 days a year. It's the chance to meet up with fellow collectors (and dealers) in person that's the fun part. Sure, you can do that at the floor of the con, but it's not quite the same as being able to shoot the breeze over food and drink in a more relaxed environment.

If the forum dinner is the best part of the con for you, you are the one who's nuts. 27_laughing.gif

Ouch, a stinging indictment of everyone on the boards who attends a forum dinner! poke2.gif

Seriously, buying and selling comics I can do 365 days a year. It's the chance to meet up with fellow collectors (and dealers) in person that's the fun part. Sure, you can do that at the floor of the con, but it's not quite the same as being able to shoot the breeze over food and drink in a more relaxed environment.

You could try reading the sentence next to the one you quoted for an explanation of why I can't come...and I have been to a bunch of forum dinners. They are ok, but I would rather spend time with my cousins who I get to see maybe three times in a decade. I can talk with the people on here 365 days a year. yeahok.gif

You could try reading the sentence next to the one you quoted for an explanation of why I can't come

27_laughing.gif How could I twist your words if I can't take them out of context? Are you sure you went to law school?

You could try reading the sentence next to the one you quoted for an explanation of why I can't come

27_laughing.gif How could I twist your words if I can't take them out of context? Are you sure you went to law school?

27_laughing.gif

Well, here is the updated list added to from Deathlok's last update...

Deathlok

Greggy

Johnny G

Kramerica

thecollector

DeeDee

TonyStarkFan

CW

innocuous

mister_not_so_nice

Dad&Son

IITravel

Rich Henn +4

sckao

Comxlawboy

esquirecomics

qualitycomix +1

Detective27Kid +1

october

Booster

Socratic Wonder

CommandD

Paris Fred

vacliff

dizzyfox

Unknown Hero

FUELMAN

CAP FFreek

Didn't Nearmint say he had something in the works?

?

You can count me in!!!! yay.gif

This will be my first forum dinner so I don't know exactly how it works? confused-smiley-013.gif

This will be my first forum dinner so I don't know exactly how it works? confused-smiley-013.gif

Usually, there will be a designated spot at the end of the day where everyone will meet up and head out to dinner. You'll run into people at the show as well if you don't find out the where/when beforehand.

Go to dinner and chat comics/show off books and art, over good food and drinks for a few (many) hours. It's a blast. Wish I was going to SD this year.

Well, I tried to organize L.A. and no one came. I'm not raising my hand, but I put a call into comic-con to see if they'll release a banquet room at the Marriott on Saturday night.

Depending on room (availability and size) plus food, costs could be $30-$60 per person.

Any other suggestions?

Does anyone know if there will be an original comic art dinner separate from the Cgc forum dinner? Perhaps on Fri July 27/07 evening? I prefer not to have greggy spill his fajita burrito all over my art. devil.gif