• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAN DIEGO COMIC_CON

197 posts in this topic

I have a room available at the Manchester Grand Hyatt if anyone needs please PM me as I will be cancelling it on Monday. They are completely sold out. The room details are as follows

Check in Wednesday

Check out Sunday

1 Room with two double beds

Rate $ 419.00 USD per night total 4 nights

I guess it's ok to spam a forum dinner thread!

Bob Storms of Highgradecomics.com has just picked up and will be debuting at this years San Diego Comic-Con (Booth 1202/1204 - 7/26th-7/29th) a great CGC graded Amazing Spider-Man collection spanning issues 2-137! Highlights of this amazing collection are a #2 CGC VF/NM 9.0, AS #6 CGC NM- 9.2, AS #7 NM- 9.2, AS #9 NM 9.4, AS #11 NM 9.4, AS #14 NM 9.4, #15 NM 9.4 Pacific Coast copy, #17 NM 9.4, #18 White Mountain NM 9.4, #21 NM 9.4, #23 NM 9.4, #39 NM 9.4, 40 NM 9.4, #41 NM 9.4, #44 NM 9.4, #46 NM 9.4, #51-56 NM 9.4, #76 NM 9.4, #77 NM 9.4, 97 NM+ 9.6, #98 NM+ 9.6, 101 NM+ 9.6, 121 NM+ 9.6, Annuals 2,3,4 NM 9.4!

In addition to this Amazing new Spider-man collection I will have a strong inventory of High grade CGC/Raw Silver/Bronze age Marvel/DC!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

Anyone going to SD willing to help me by keeping an eye out for some books? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

PM me if you can and if we can work it out I can PP you some $$ for a few drinks at the bar forum dinner night cloud9.gif

Thanks!

Still waiting for a call back from Comic-Con. I called about 10 restaurants today and most are booked. But, I did manage to find a few private places...if people are still interested.

Did you hear back from the convention yet?

If you can get one of those private places I will paypal you my money to help you book it/ place deposit!

I wanted to thank you for trying to put this together! It doesn't seem like many people are showing interest confused-smiley-013.gif

Haven't heard back. I did find a few restaurants where we could get a private room or a dedicated area in a large restaurant dining room.

It looks like we need room for 33. If you are on the list above and changed your mind, let me know. Also, if anyone has any budget restrictions, let me know (PM if you want). For example, one restaurant is about $30 per person, and the Hyatt by the convention center is close to $100 per person.

Anyone from CGC?

Hi everybody!

Just wanted to mention that our books are leaving the office this Friday in the morning. If anybody would like us to bring comics for them to look at it for San Diego or Chicago please email Frank today at orders@metropoliscomics.com.

Hope to see you at the Con. Drop by and say hello-lets talk!

Oh yeah- good score Bobby!

See ya in san Diego!

Vincent

I just found out that i will be able to be in San Diego for the con this year. I have not been able to make it for several years. I will only be able to go on Friday, but it is better than not at all.

I will be in town for Saturday so I might be able to make it to the forum dinner. What are the details ? i.e when/where/how much?

This is tough. There are a lot of booked places. What's available is getting pricey. And, Comic-con hasn't called me back about releasing a room at the Marriott. I'll call again tomorrow.

I did find a room at Busters Beach House. However, the max it will hold for dinner is 36. Price would be close to $40 when you include tax and tip. Tomorrow is somewhat slow at work, so I'll make a few more calls.

If your name is on the list above, can you send me a PM or post here that you're still interested. I need a fairly close head count.

Here's where we are at.

All the nice restaurants...BOOKED

This includes the steak houses Mortons, Flemings, McCormicks.

The ok, we cater to large groups...BOOKED

This includes Buca di Beppo, Trophys, Joe's

There is some availability in the high priced range

Hyatt (~$100/person), Rock Bottom (~$80/person)

What's left?

Marriott (Marina and Gaslamp, Gaslamp slightly cheaper)

Space may be available, price could be closer to $40-$50. But, Debbie Wilson who represents some booking agency hasn't called me back to tell me that Comic-Con will release a room.

Buster's Beach House

This place is a tourist trap restaurant at Seaside Village behind the Hyatt. But, they have a private room available. I just sent a message to the manager to hold the room for us.

So, I'll give the Marriott until mid-next week to come through with something. In the meantime, when I'll put a deposit down for Busters. I'll post here in a few days with some rough costs and ask for a deposit from those attending.

I hope to show off so my new Jerry's All-Star and other books.

I'm still waiting for Comic-Con about the Marriott which I should hear from today.

As for pricing at Busters (to answer my PMs), the cheapest it would be (which includes the built in 20% service charge for the waiter/waitress/hostess and 7.75% tax) would be $32-$35.

The price includes dinner and non-alcoholic drink. Price goes up to include either a salad or desert. There will be a cash bar.

More info later today.