• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAN DIEGO COMIC_CON

197 posts in this topic

Great news. I finally got clearance from Comic-Con to release some rooms at hotels for our dinner. So, now we get a choice of a Busters Restaurant, or a private banquet room. I'm getting prices now, but will probably lean towards the hotels because our group will "likely" be larger than the 36.

More to come when I get back online tonight.

I'll start a new thread tomorrow with details.

Send a PM with food preferences if you care to have a say in the menu.

Great news. I finally got clearance from Comic-Con to release some rooms at hotels for our dinner. So, now we get a choice of a Busters Restaurant, or a private banquet room. I'm getting prices now, but will probably lean towards the hotels because our group will "likely" be larger than the 36.

:applause:...I vote hotel for sure!!!

That's great. A hotel banquet room will provide a much better environment to meet and talk with fellow board members. Thanks for all of your help on this innocuous.

Well, here is the updated list added to from Deathlok's last update...

Deathlok

Greggy

Johnny G

Kramerica

thecollector

DeeDee

TonyStarkFan

CW

innocuous

mister_not_so_nice

Dad&Son

IITravel

Rich Henn +4

sckao

Comxlawboy

esquirecomics

qualitycomix +1

Detective27Kid +1

october

Booster

Socratic Wonder

CommandD

Paris Fred

vacliff

dizzyfox

Unknown Hero

FUELMAN

CAP FFreek

Didn't Nearmint say he had something in the works?

?

You can count me in!!!! yay.gif

This will be my first forum dinner so I don't know exactly how it works? confused-smiley-013.gif

Count me in...my first one too!

Today I received a number of proposals from hotels that released rooms via the events planner for Comic-Con. I tried to negotiate down, but most were still not moving off of their minimums that would require about $60 per person.

However, the guy at the Embassy Suites (3 blocks from the convention center) came through with a large room at $40 per person. This is our only option since the restaurant wasn't going to hold all of us in one room.

I'm getting the final price tomorrow as I may have to add $1-2 for the cash bar service fee. Once I get it, I'll post the final price here and place the deposit. Since I'm going cheap per some of the requests, this will be a chicken meal that includes a salad and dessert.

Hey, it's not the food, but the company and the showing off. I already have one comic I'm picking up that I can show off.

Menu and final price coming tomorrow.

DeeDee and I will probably be driving in on Tuesday night but it's a 7 hour drive from Vegas to San Diego. Does anyone know of a good hotel outside of LA that we can stay at?

Hope to see you two there!

My eleventh straight year at comic-con and as usual i can`t wait.

I hope everyone got a room,i made reservations for this years con on july 26, 2006

just to make sure we got our room.

I hope everyone has a great time.

However, the guy at the Embassy Suites (3 blocks from the convention center) came through with a large room at $40 per person. This is our only option since the restaurant wasn't going to hold all of us in one room.

Works for me, that's where I'm staying!!!

Which night is this for again?