• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

I can fit 14 boxes across the top there. The one long box I have up there is all my doubles for my son. I don't know if I like the boxes overhanging that much. The rest of my collection is short boxes. I am planning on wood floors and possibly something like what Chromium has as far as shelving. Probably not as big as he has though.

Well actually mine is full now :(

When I first had it made I thought I went overboard and would never get it full...well I did, and then some..had I known the madness would consume me this much, I might have gone for an even bigger unit

This picture shows about half the setup, I can't step away far enough to to get the entire thing in one shot :frustrated:

cabinet1.jpg

On a side note, I put up this border in my son's room and am considering it for my office/comic room. Don't know if you guys have seen this before.

http://www.fyhome.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=143252

I think it looks great. I will post some pictures of my son's room so you can take a look at it a little bit later. :cloud9:

Looks really nice, can't wait to see how it looks in your son' room. My son is 6 and has a Disney themed room, but I'm hoping in a few years time he'll go Marvel :devil:

Stunning setup, Chromium.

cabinet1.jpg

Nice set-up Chromium! I like the labels on the holders. Well organized by the looks of it as well.

I give it... (thumbs u (thumbs u

Keep 'em coming folks!

John :popcorn:

thanks man, here' s close-up of the labels

kast1.jpg

but I'm hoping in a few years time he'll go Marvel

Screw Marvel, put him some sweet DC stuff in his room :acclaim:

That's the plan with my daughter :baiting:

great collection, chromium!

gator

I can fit 14 boxes across the top there. The one long box I have up there is all my doubles for my son. I don't know if I like the boxes overhanging that much. The rest of my collection is short boxes. I am planning on wood floors and possibly something like what Chromium has as far as shelving. Probably not as big as he has though.

On a side note, I put up this border in my son's room and am considering it for my office/comic room. Don't know if you guys have seen this before.

http://www.fyhome.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=143252

That is not where I bought it though. I found a place for about half that price. I just can't remember the name of the place right now.

I think it looks great. I will post some pictures of my son's room so you can take a look at it a little bit later. :cloud9:

Cool Marvel border on that link! Might as well get the kids started right at an early age! Who needs Disney when you can have Marvel? :grin:

It's not really a "comic room" It's my bedroom with comic stuff.

On the left are some gatefold posters from Copper Spideys, Marvel Ultimate Alliance poster, Iron Man movie poster, and next to that is my Fantastic Four Pin-Up collection. I got them at this comic shop that used to be my LCS. The Sue Storm one is from FF#10. Will post a close-up of it later. On the far right is a painting I had done by an artist in the Artist's Alley at SDCC 2005. It is a great piece. Will post close-up later.

sc000dc055_1.jpg

Yikes, that bed looks pretty scary for any potential female visitor (that headboard screams "concussion!"). Not to mention the electrical outlet right there!

Umm yeah, reality check. Females? Visitor? That Room? Yeah, I'll get back to you in another reality on that.

:makepoint:

It has taken over 1 and 1/2 years to build our new house. My dad designed the whole thing himself. Pretty cool considering the house is over 5,000 square feet! Even though I am going off to college he has agreed to build this comic room for me. The house is totally finished except for this room, as we haven't laid the drywall yet. I am thinking about getting it painted blue since I love Superman. Furthermore we haven't had a locksmith come out to the the house to install the new door I wrote about in my OCD thread ( I wonder what Dwight Ray the man who bought our old is storing in this room? hm ) Anyways I will updating my reply when the room is totally completed in a couple of months. Over 50,000 comics are currently being stored at my grandma's, while 100+ collection of CGC comics is sitting side by side in 4 bank safety deposit boxes. I know this is silly considering some are worth only a couple hundred dollars, but I could care less. Which brings up another fact. These boxes are really hard to come by. I had to travel all over town to find one where they kept the humidity level at 50% and the temperature around 75 F, moreover each bank only has 10 or 15 of the extra large boxes....There is defiantly more to come...

ComicRoom001.jpg

ComicRoom004.jpg

ComicRoom003.jpg

ComicRoom002.jpg

Edited by CarolinaComix

Yikes, that bed looks pretty scary for any potential female visitor (that headboard screams "concussion!"). Not to mention the electrical outlet right there!

Umm yeah, reality check. Females? Visitor? That Room? Yeah, I'll get back to you in another reality on that.

:makepoint:

In my experiences, all the chicks I have had over don't mind my room and that bed has been the venue for a lot of good times... :cloud9:

It's not really a "comic room" It's my bedroom with comic stuff.

On the left are some gatefold posters from Copper Spideys, Marvel Ultimate Alliance poster, Iron Man movie poster, and next to that is my Fantastic Four Pin-Up collection. I got them at this comic shop that used to be my LCS. The Sue Storm one is from FF#10. Will post a close-up of it later. On the far right is a painting I had done by an artist in the Artist's Alley at SDCC 2005. It is a great piece. Will post close-up later.

sc000dc055_1.jpg

Great bed for "handcuff potential."