• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Here are a few more of my model kits:

DamBuster.jpg

HawkModelKits.jpg

SillySurferModelKits.jpg

Weird-ohModelKits2.jpg

Weird-ohModelKits.jpg

SuperFuzzandotherMongramKits.jpg

Hepcatshowingkits.jpg

HepcatFriend2.jpg

I have to watch Balticboy closely because he's always wanting to build the kits. "You only build reissues, not the originals!" is what I keep telling him.

(tsk)

DamBuster.jpg

HawkModelKits.jpg

SillySurferModelKits.jpg

Weird-ohModelKits2.jpg

Weird-ohModelKits.jpg

Hepcatshowingkits.jpg

HepcatFriend2.jpg

I have to watch Balticboy closely because he's always wanting to build the kits. "You only build reissues, not the originals!" is what I keep telling him.

(tsk)

Those are really cool.. I used to love doing models when I was a kid, especially when I was home sick...

DamBuster.jpg

HawkModelKits.jpg

SillySurferModelKits.jpg

Weird-ohModelKits2.jpg

Weird-ohModelKits.jpg

Hepcatshowingkits.jpg

HepcatFriend2.jpg

(tsk)

great models, but when are you going to put them together!

This is not looking like much yet but the the "room" with the ladder in it will be my new comic/art room. It will be hidden behind a moving bookshelf so it will be like a "secret" room. I am hoping that it will turn out well.

IMG_6148.jpg

This is not looking like much yet but the the "room" with the ladder in it will be my new comic/art room. It will be hidden behind a moving bookshelf so it will be like a "secret" room. I am hoping that it will turn out well.

IMG_6148.jpg

Making it tornado proof I see :applause:

Here's a pic of The MAN bringing some of my slot cars over to me so that I can make sure they're still up to my ever more exacting quality standards:

HepcattheMan.jpg

Slotcarkits2.jpg

HepcatSlotcar.jpg

HepcatSlotcar2.jpg

:juggle:

IMG_6148.jpg

hm My first thought was that I thought that I'd accidentally clicked on the OBL is dead thread! :o ... doh!

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Here's a pic of The MAN bringing some of my slot cars over to me so that I can make sure they're still up to my ever more exacting quality standards:

HepcatSlotcar2.jpg

It looks like one or more of those cars didn't meet your exacting quality standards.

The MAN built the Ferrari 330P/LM as a kid. But he didn't paint it. The problem is that the body would now have to be broken apart to paint the interior including the driver. This I'm reluctant to do.

Worse yet the car is missing the two knock-offs from the front wheels. I lost these myself racing it at the slot car track downtown so I can only blame myself for that particular deficiency.

hm

Edited by Hepcat

Nice base Bryan! How big is the room itself? Just the size of the indent in the wall? Mine's about that size :P

Thanks. :) The room itself is just the size of the indent in the wall which is 13' 8" long and 8' 4" deep.

I felt lucky that my wife allowed me to have this area to begin with, and even more lucky that she agreed to let me have it hidden behind a bookcase. I figured that she would think it was a stupid idea, but to my surprise she yes.

I think wives are happy whenever comics are hidden lol

lol I agree. I will take it though. I am hoping she will at least let me hang up my autographed movies posters in the living room of the basement. :wishluck:

That's a great idea from the standpoint of security.

(thumbs u

lol I agree. I will take it though. I am hoping she will at least let me hang up my autographed movies posters in the living room of the basement. :wishluck:

I would take the whole damn basement! :sumo:

I'm a woman and I like comic books :insane:lol
you are the exception to the rule (thumbs u