• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

I think wives are happy whenever comics are hidden lol
I'm a woman and I like comic books :insane:lol

Why don't you spread the gospel to the other members of your sex then?

:preach:

I'm a woman and I like comic books :insane:lol
you are the exception to the rule (thumbs u

My wife is an artist and looks at my comics as a hobby that is connected with her work....... in some small twisted way

Hmmm. hm

Is that why my wife hates my hobbies? My books are upstairs in long boxes, my glasses are now on display on shelves in my office, and my pinball machines are everywhere.

Tough.

Man up and reclaim your houses, guys.

Hmmm. hm

Is that why my wife hates my hobbies? My books are upstairs in long boxes, my glasses are now on display on shelves in my office, and my pinball machines are everywhere.

Tough.

Man up and reclaim your houses, guys.

hm This could get ugly......

My books are upstairs in long boxes, my glasses are now on display on shelves in my office, and my pinball machines are everywhere.

Cool! Have you posted any pics of your pinball machines and other collections?

???

Here are the most recent shots of my bottle and glass cabinet that I took just last week in response to the request of a fellow running a website on bottles from my neck of the woods:

BottleCabinet.jpg

BottleCabinet2.jpg

HalfandQuarterPints.jpg

HalfPints.jpg

:juggle:

They are the kind of styrofoam balls used as packing material. They're commonly used by milk bottle collectors because the graphics on milk bottles were designed to be viewed against a white background.

:cool:

My books are upstairs in long boxes, my glasses are now on display on shelves in my office, and my pinball machines are everywhere.

Cool! Have you posted any pics of your pinball machines and other collections?

???

The shelves are new in the past month, and I'm just stocking up. I'll post photos in the next week or so, and they are most definitely comic-related.

In the meantime, here's one of my two favorite pinball machines from my childhood. Bought it last year. The previous owner bought it from an arcade in 1979, where it was barely used. He died a few years later, and his wife kept it virtually unplayed in the living room until last spring. Backglass is perfect, playfield has one blemish, and it's just a thing of beauty.

111936.jpg.ab1905b686a83b8573dc504df4745f61.jpg

I love the Mata Hari game!

AMata.jpg

AMata2.jpg

I played it myself at an arcade on Yonge Street many times!

:cool:

In the early to mid 70's I spent more hours playing this machine than I care to remember.

Is that yours, Hepcat? Looks like it may be even nicer than mine. If so, congrats.

This machine was so wildly successful (they made over 16,000, which is unreal), that it stayed on routes for years and years. Most were played to death, and it's pretty tough to find a nice one. Mine has the Nazi SS motto in the dagger, which of course makes no sense since Mata Hari was a spy in WWI.

My Bobby Orr Power Play is being moved next to the Mara Hari this weekend. Pardon the piles of comics and art in the background. Buffyfan guided my purchase of it last year, and I picked it up on my way back from C2E2. When I was 13, the bowling alley I played it at had a vending machine standing next to it. The Bobby Orr must have had a short, because if a friend of yours was leaning on the pinball machine and you grabbed his arm and slapped it against the vending machine, he'd get a nice jolt of juice.

Ah, memories.

111940.jpg.804a5144287775eced67d4f6638b0fea.jpg

There was a sweet, fully shopped Ali on the local craigslist a month or two ago for a decent price.

If I had the money I would have been on it like rope on the dope. :cloud9: