• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

I'm going to display my full run of All Star Squadron on the walls in my den. Not the most expensive run of comics of course, but the cover art for the run was great, and it was a series where I picked up every copy every month save for 3 or 4 I had to buy back issue wise. Just trying to decide on the right framing. Room is not well lit and only use a couple of lamps when I am in there. Gonna try and start on this in October, will post pics then (thumbs u

Where can you get those small stands for your comics for inside those detolf cabinets, camera shops?

They are plate easels from Micheals.

I found a 6 inch to work well with raw comics, and 8 inches for CGC.

Nice add with sword...in case you get anyone trying to snag an item :)

That sword is a piece of junk, looks cool, but it will not save me in a zombie apocalypse.

I won it for getting first place in a Muay Thai tournament, why we got those instead of medals, I have no clue.

The best part was, the top 3 finishers all got sword. The tourament was located in a high school. So, we pretty much got weapons for fighting in a school. Oh, the irony.

Where can you get those small stands for your comics for inside those detolf cabinets, camera shops?

I've been thinking about using some of these ..

eBay listing

I've been thinking about using some of these ..

eBay listing

Those look good as well. I would think though that the book or slab would fall down into that down turned part at the front of the stand.

All I have to hang up is my participation (green) Ribbons from track...got a boat load of those.

Dont know whats more lame that all I got was the green ribbons..

Or

The fact that i still hold onto them

Also, if you have no Micheals near you, these appear to the be the exact same ones.

http://www.amazon.com/6-Wooden-plate-stand-easel/dp/B0002RWYGY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1344019411&sr=8-5&keywords=6+inch+easel

Those are exactly what I need.

I got mine at Hobby Lobby, They have wood, metal or plastic.

I'll take a look. Although I recently lost my comic room as it is now the nursery, but as soon as we move I'm setting it up again... (thumbs u

Just pretty much finished my new comic room.

I'm still waiting for a few sketches, comics, and statues to arrive to finish it off, but you get the idea. I also need to pick up some more display easels.

I have a sketch from David Lapham coming for that empty picture frame. A couple statues and a signed and sketched MM 15 for the display case, a big 17x11 sketch for above my desk.

I'm also going to try and get a couple sketch cover of Magneto and Professor X for above the file cabinet. The chess set on top of it is the set used in X2. I thought it would be neat to have sketches there.

I painted the basement and file cabinet to brighten things up a bit. The legal cabinets are awesome, by the way. Thanks from everyone who helped with that.

IMG_1613.jpg

Not sure I'm sold on the paint colour but I'm still lovin' the room.

I dumped a bunch of books and got rid of my filing cabinets... so here are my new Magazine boxes. iPhone photos in my house turns everything yellow..

utf-8IMG_0839.jpg

utf-8IMG_0838.jpg

utf-8IMG_0841.jpg

7 - 8 slabs fit.

utf-8IMG_0842.jpg

25 - 30 with Mylars and Fullbacks

utf-8IMG_0843.jpg

30 - 40 with Poly bags and regular