• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Hey Tuffy,

Off topic, but checked out your bucket list... saw the Iron Man toys on there and wondered if you'd been checking out the latest from Hot Toys?

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/search.php?searchMode=license&txtSearch=&chkLicenseItems%5B%5D=Iron+Man&chkLicenseItems%5B%5D=Iron+Man+2&chkLicenseItems%5B%5D=Iron+Man+3&chkAdvAll=y

After finally moving to our new permanent home in January, I finally found some time to display some of my comic related stuff in my new office. Enjoy the pics. :)

The Ladies Wall

LadiesWall_zpsb1195407.jpg

Liking your room very much :applause:

Are your book stored in those filing cabinets?

Yes. My "main collection" of higher grade Marvels is in 3 separate 4-drawer lateral file cabinets in my office with books to submit to CGC in another 2-drawer lateral file cabinet. All of my other raw books are in 10-11 standard 4-drawer file cabinets in another room with another 40 or so long boxes stacked on top of those. In addition to that, all of my CGC graded books (about 600), 13 boxes of magazines and about 18 boxes of ungraded books are at my storage unit.

Additional pictures :shy:

Ask and you shall receive. (thumbs u

The first pic below is of one of my two 36" wide 4-drawer lateral file cabinets. As you can see, I can get 4 rows of comics in each drawer. I also have a 42" wide lateral file cabinet that holds 5 rows of comics.

LateralFileCabinet36inwide_zps5b21ce6f.jpg

Most of the rest of my collection resides in legal width or standard width 4-drawer file cabinets. I can get 2 rows of comics in the legal width cabinets.

ComicFileCabinets3and4_zpsdb6a8707.jpg

LegalSizeFileCabinet_zpsb49b537c.jpg

ComicFileCabinets5thru12_zpsf624560b.jpg

StandardFileCabinet_zpsc9ae5834.jpg

The long boxes of comics sitting on top of all of these file cabinets is about a 10,000 book collection I picked up in Ada, Oklahoma about 1-1/2 years ago. They're still ungraded and still need to be bagged and boarded (mostly '80s and '90s stuff).

AdaComicCollection2_zps4d358844.jpg

All of my CGC stuff is at a climate controlled storage unit along with boxes of magazines and about 18 boxes of ungraded comics (mostly Marvel).

StorageUnit1_zps79e5660f.jpg

StorageUnit7_zps17be7089.jpg

I have enough to keep me busy for a long, long time. :ohnoez:

Please private message me the address to said unit. Thank you.

Reading through this thread, I should post a picture of my kids' comic room. Over the summer I built them a loft, with a new spinner rack full of comics next to the ladder, and up the loft are beanbag chairs and superhero decals on the walls. Figure if I never had a comic room, I'd at least give them one. :)

Reading through this thread, I should post a picture of my kids' comic room. Over the summer I built them a loft, with a new spinner rack full of comics next to the ladder, and up the loft are beanbag chairs and superhero decals on the walls. Figure if I never had a comic room, I'd at least give them one. :)

Great idea! Post some pics if you get the chance.

Great idea! Post some pics if you get the chance.

:popcorn:

got a couple of cheap bookcases delivered yesterday and built today, very impressed with them and this is my GN's that will be filling them, i want the whole Essential Marvel collection in the end

992855_10152891308020290_1002010056_n.jpg

got a couple of cheap bookcases delivered yesterday and built today, very impressed with them and this is my GN's that will be filling them, i want the whole Essential Marvel collection in the end

Nice :applause:

I want to know what Darren is hiding in the room covered up by the bookshelf on the left.

It's either his kill-room or his shrine to Rob Leifeld.

Sorry for the bad quality, But here is my work place, If you want to know what something is just let me know, These are the better pieces of my collection.

DSC00260.jpg

Edited by Mkkiller

I want to know what Darren is hiding in the room covered up by the bookshelf on the left.

It's either his kill-room or his shrine to Rob Leifeld.

could be both.

Sorry for the bad quality, But here is my work place, If you want to know what something is just let me know, These are the better pieces of my collection.

DSC00260.jpg

Nice work space. I also appreciate the trust you are placing in that shelf on the top left of picture. You are a trusting guy!

DSC00260.jpg

Nice work space. I also appreciate the trust you are placing in that shelf on the top left of picture. You are a trusting guy!

Haha I know it looks like its warping, But I swear its stable.

new house, fiancée allowed me this tower of comics for my 'good' raws. I will rotate the comics on the display from time to time. Its in our entry way, which typically is unlit, and also why her umbrella is hanging there....

still trying to carve out a place for my slabs somewhere. maybe some shelves in the garage? Does anyone else put them in a garage? We live in a fairly dry moderate temperature climate. Will slabs do ok there?

IMG_07201_zpsdf6fe874.jpg

new house, fiancée allowed me this tower of comics for my 'good' raws. I will rotate the comics on the display from time to time. Its in our entry way, which typically is unlit, and also why her umbrella is hanging there....

still trying to carve out a place for my slabs somewhere. maybe some shelves in the garage? Does anyone else put them in a garage? We live in a fairly dry moderate temperature climate. Will slabs do ok there?

IMG_07201_zpsdf6fe874.jpg

that umbrella could fall....