• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Found this cool looking cabinet thing with 15 long, flat drawers sitting outside an antique store with a tag on it that said "for paper collectibles?". It looked to have been a former tool/hardware chest based on some of the junk I found in it, and was in rather rough shape. Here's initial state:

DSC01593.jpg

Here's the repurposed finished product...a new paint job and added drawer handles on each drawer with sliders underneath. Lined the drawers with black felt, and filled them with some paper collectibles!

DSC01602.jpg

That's very cool.

Inspiring! Makes me want to go on a junk hunt for cool pieces to fix up. :)

Found this cool looking cabinet thing with 15 long, flat drawers sitting outside an antique store with a tag on it that said "for paper collectibles?". It looked to have been a former tool/hardware chest based on some of the junk I found in it, and was in rather rough shape. Here's initial state:

DSC01593.jpg

Here's the repurposed finished product...a new paint job and added drawer handles on each drawer with sliders underneath. Lined the drawers with black felt, and filled them with some paper collectibles!

DSC01602.jpg

That's very cool.

+1

Very nice :applause:

Here's a bit of repurposing.

I found a filing cabinet on craigslist that was in good condition but the paint was falling off so figured i'd give it a bit a character. Unfortunately I didn't take a full before picture. Didn't think to take one until I took the cabinet apart. Went thru the 25cent bin at a couple local shops. After a few hours of work, I ended up with this:

comics-cabinet-000.jpg

comics-cabinet-001.jpg

comics-cabinet-002.jpg

comics-cabinet-003.jpg

comics-cabinet-004.jpg

comics-cabinet-005.jpg

I found a filing cabinet on craigslist that was in good condition but the paint was falling off so figured i'd give it a bit a character. Unfortunately I didn't take a full before picture. Didn't think to take one until I took the cabinet apart. Went thru the 25cent bin at a couple local shops. After a few hours of work, I ended up with this:

comics-cabinet-000.jpg

comics-cabinet-001.jpg

comics-cabinet-002.jpg

comics-cabinet-003.jpg

comics-cabinet-004.jpg

comics-cabinet-005.jpg

Looks very cool :applause:

How many books does it hold?

Hmm tough call. I personally love Batman 11.. I think it's one of the better Batman covers.. Also detective 69 the classic double gun Black Joker cover. A classic Robinson cover. But hey, it's really all up to you.

Brian

Both awesome suggestions! Sweet covers...I'm looking to add two more single framed slabs to finish the batman wall. Any suggestions from my fellow batman fans/collectors?

What frames are you using?

They are custom made frames from a local person I've used to basically frame everything from my movie posters to degrees. She is great and her prices are more than reasonable. All the comics are behind museum glass too.

comics-cabinet-000.jpg

comics-cabinet-001.jpg

comics-cabinet-002.jpg

comics-cabinet-003.jpg

comics-cabinet-004.jpg

comics-cabinet-005.jpg

Looks very cool :applause:

How many books does it hold?

Hopefully that's a walking dead image first that you tore up on the frontside of that cabinet

comics-cabinet-000.jpg

thats 100% awesome

DSC01593.jpg

DSC01602.jpg

That's very cool.

+1

Very nice :applause:

Looks brilliant, I love it!

I'm doing some work on the disaster that's supposed to be my comic room this weekend, so while I was taking things apart and had the pile of boxes moved enough that I could actually see my statue display I thought I'd take a pic. This shelf isn't going back in the space, so this is a bit of a before (although I'd pulled out a few statues from the pile of dust before I thought to take the pics.

IMG_0708_zpsadd143dc.jpg

IMG_0707_zps4f8050e6.jpg

Hopefully soon I'll be showing off the newly designed room.

Edited by freshcollect

The moment has finally arrived. My batman project is complete, for now. I really hope you guys enjoy it. Thanks to the boardies who helped me along the way. Oh yeah, theres a little marvel wall also that I'm wrapping up shortly with a hulk 181. Feel free to ask any questions ladies and gents.

IMAG0133_zps78e22ff0.jpg

IMAG0131_zpsa18038bd.jpg

IMAG0128_zpsac80b41e.jpg

I love it! Well done.

I'm doing some work on the disaster that's supposed to be my comic room this weekend, so while I was taking things apart and had the pile of boxes moved enough that I could actually see my statue display I thought I'd take a pic. This shelf isn't going back in the space, so this is a bit of a before (although I'd pulled out a few statues from the pile of dust before I thought to take the pics.

IMG_0708_zpsadd143dc.jpg

IMG_0707_zps4f8050e6.jpg

Very cool display, I have many of the same statues and busts :headbang:

IMG_0708_zpsadd143dc.jpg

IMG_0707_zps4f8050e6.jpg

Very cool display, I have many of the same statues and busts :headbang:

That's an awesome display...

Right now all I have is some art on my wall. Soon I'll have my own room/office. Waiting on a few things to clear till my wife and I move to a bigger house. I'm new to book collecting, so all I have is a short box (not filled yet) and a long box for my slabs. Gotta start somewhere, right? It's not displayed as kool as some of the ones I have seen on here, but it's a start. lol

17a7b8cb-b9a0-4564-ac4e-3ad12a5a7275_zps9c5a7a8b.jpg

IMG_8993_zps2bb4ceab.jpg

The moment has finally arrived. My batman project is complete, for now. I really hope you guys enjoy it. Thanks to the boardies who helped me along the way. Oh yeah, theres a little marvel wall also that I'm wrapping up shortly with a hulk 181. Feel free to ask any questions ladies and gents.

IMAG0133_zps78e22ff0.jpg

IMAG0131_zpsa18038bd.jpg

IMAG0128_zpsac80b41e.jpg

I love it! Well done.

Thank you! Marvel wall is now complete. Only need to look for 2 more batmans. I'm on the prowl for the dark knight returns #1 9.8 graded if anyone has one. Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions!

IMAG0134_zps787ff494.jpg

IMAG0133_zps78e22ff0.jpg

IMAG0131_zpsa18038bd.jpg

IMAG0128_zpsac80b41e.jpg

I love it! Well done.

Thank you! Marvel wall is now complete. Only need to look for 2 more batmans. I'm on the prowl for the dark knight returns #1 9.8 graded if anyone has one. Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions!

IMAG0134_zps787ff494.jpg

Room is super cool. Love all the batmans. Where did you get the frames for the CGC books >?