• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

1462149295278-758052788_zpsruhyjzqx.jpg

That's Rocky Bleier. A true American hero!

(thumbs u:applause:

+1

Of course the first thing all us yinzers notice is the Steelers picture.

Hey everyone, long time lurker, very rarely post. I've been working on converting one of my smaller bedrooms into an office/comic room. My wife and I have a fairly large house for just the 2 of us and 3 fur kids so we don't need 4 bedrooms upstairs (century old house so all of them are pretty small including the master bedroom)

Here is the bedroom, we had to run new wiring to replace old knob and tube that was present so we ran a wire from the panel straight up into the attic through basement/1st/2nd floor and built a header around it which gave me the idea to do a different type of accent paint in the room.

Before:

20160221_111432_zpsxw7kpzvz.jpg

When we where running the pipe/wire and pulled the old green shag carpet back there was hardwood floor underneath in really good shape just needed to be refinished (which was an adventure)

20160327_115123_zpsmuirvfqw.jpg

And the finished (for now) product:

2016-05-08%2020.20.23_zpsazvfggf4.jpg

2016-05-08%2020.17.55_zps4sndanyy.jpg

2016-05-08%2020.19.53_zpsxbp2epdg.jpg

2016-05-08%2020.18.03_zpso57ufkk9.jpg

2016-05-08%2020.18.18_zpscdpxv0dv.jpg

The comics seen in this room is the spill over from a closet/setup I have downstairs. The comics on the top of the shelf are just there temporarily as I've submitted my first set of books to CGC ever and it has all of my prized possessions (all my first appearances and couple other favourite covers like Hulk 180/180, New Mutants 98, Wolverine 1 (mini) etc)

2016-05-08%2023.52.54_zpslsmn2ulg.jpg

2016-05-08%2023.52.34_zpszgahprw9.jpg

This curio is the main piece in my living room and only comic stuff outside upstairs/that closet (sorry for the crappy picture, hard with the lighting/mirror back in the curio)

2016-05-08%2023.50.44_zps2twddffm.jpg

Also I'm a big sports fan (thankfully my wife puts up with me taking over several rooms in the house). This is in the second living room:

2016-05-08%2023.51.25_zpsowjg68jf.jpg

2016-05-08%2023.51.31_zpsv1ufyavj.jpg

2016-05-08%2023.51.40_zpsu2pdlulr.jpg

2016-05-08%2023.51.54_zpsodpabqvh.jpg

I have some concerns about the ceiling in that room from all the cracks & stuff, but that's mostly me just being overly concerned about the wellbeing of an awesomely constructed room & some amazing looking collectibles! LOVE IT!

I have some concerns about the ceiling in that room from all the cracks & stuff, but that's mostly me just being overly concerned about the wellbeing of an awesomely constructed room & some amazing looking collectibles! LOVE IT!

Haha thanks, the house is over 100 years old, in the 50's it was moved about 5 miles to it's current spot. When it was moved all the roof had to be cut hence the angled walls, but they are all done with old horse hair plaster. We have replaced some with drywall and tightened up some of the plaster with drywall screws but DIY on a budget not everything gets done (or done right sadly). I've owned the house for over a decade and any room we've corrected the cracks haven't came back (knock on wood).

I feel you. Mine is 80+ years old. And still has lath & plaster walls in some rooms (and one, that I call "the ugly room' that inexplicably has particle-board walls, not plaster or drywall, literally like pressed particle board that is so thin that leaning up against it, a normal sized person's will go right thru it if they aren't against a stud).

So good to hear that the repairs are holding up. the 2 big cracks were concerning. Are they in an upper room/along the pitch of the roof?

I feel you. Mine is 80+ years old. And still has lath & plaster walls in some rooms (and one, that I call "the ugly room' that inexplicably has particle-board walls, not plaster or drywall, literally like pressed particle board that is so thin that leaning up against it, a normal sized person's will go right thru it if they aren't against a stud).

So good to hear that the repairs are holding up. the 2 big cracks were concerning. Are they in an upper room/along the pitch of the roof?

Oh wow that sounds like and adventure of a room haha. Yes they are in the room on the top floor/against the roof side. We also dug out the foundation and did the drainage tiles a couple years ago and membrane on the foundation so the house settled a bit more/differently because of that but seems to have stabilized

Oh wow that sounds like and adventure of a room haha. Yes they are in the room on the top floor/against the roof side. We also dug out the foundation and did the drainage tiles a couple years ago and membrane on the foundation so the house settled a bit more/differently because of that but seems to have stabilized

Gutting that room is my next project for this year after fencing in the yard & finishing some landscaping/minimalizing-of-outdoor-work. It's a relatively cheap project. Couple hundred in supplies & paying a few friends with beer & pizza & it's done in a weekend.

Nice to see tho that everything is holding up. I was a little concerned that it was a superficial fix & that there had maybe been some underlying structural cause. Good work though. Looks awesome.

That lighted curio with your statues in it looks fantastic. Details?

The one in the living room? I bought that a couple years ago from Costco (I live in Canada so not sure if stock is different or not) for $400. It was a steal of a deal. The closest one I've seen like it in size but more plain was on sale at a retailer here for $1700. It's a 50/50 slide door so you can open either way but max of 50% of the way so bigger statues can be a pain (I used to have my Michonne statue in there before moving them to my office and I had to assemble her in the case)

Gutting that room is my next project for this year after fencing in the yard & finishing some landscaping/minimalizing-of-outdoor-work. It's a relatively cheap project. Couple hundred in supplies & paying a few friends with beer & pizza & it's done in a weekend.

Nice to see tho that everything is holding up. I was a little concerned that it was a superficial fix & that there had maybe been some underlying structural cause. Good work though. Looks awesome.

Thanks for the complements! Good luck with your room! We re-did the roof last year and the boards where solid underneath as well so I think we are good from both sides

The one in the living room? I bought that a couple years ago from Costco (I live in Canada so not sure if stock is different or not) for $400. It was a steal of a deal. The closest one I've seen like it in size but more plain was on sale at a retailer here for $1700. It's a 50/50 slide door so you can open either way but max of 50% of the way so bigger statues can be a pain (I used to have my Michonne statue in there before moving them to my office and I had to assemble her in the case)

Very cool. I'll check into that!

Don't recall if I posted these before. $8 pickup of some barstools that needed some love. Reupholstered them to this

FFBE5113-8FB0-4CB4-AD24-5A55E4922422_zpsuu0ndout.jpg

:applause: freaking awesome