• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

Some new additions on the JQ shrine side of my bookcase

D20A8E52-6A00-4E26-9CA6-4CA82B5D5C5F_zpsotxeohlq.jpg

you sure have an awesome JQ collection :applause:

Some new additions on the JQ shrine side of my bookcase

D20A8E52-6A00-4E26-9CA6-4CA82B5D5C5F_zpsotxeohlq.jpg

Everytime I see your Johnny Quest collection I delight in my childhood memories.

Thank you for that. :cloud9:

:applause: love the happiness is a steady diet of JQ comic books

Oak you're good people (thumbs u

Glad to hear it envokes that for you man.

I feel :cloud9: every time I walk into my den.

I prolly stated this already once, thrice or piecemeal in my tenure here. But since you put a smile on my face reading your post.....I also have some fond childhood memories of watching episodes with my Dad and older brother on some weekend mornings. JQ and the Jetsons were my Father's faves. I followed suit with JQ. I was hooked right away. It was just so different from any other cartoon, so cool.

I can see my brother and I chomping copious bowls of cereal in the living room (frowned upon eating cereal in living room....since I spilled a time or two:) Or the best was, my Dad would get donuts at the butt crack of dawn shortly after he woke and had some coffee. I'd come into kitchen (or smell them coming downstairs if apple fritters:) and there they were....pretty maids all in rows, mine for the taking! It was total confirmation it was cartoon time with "the men" in the living room eating donuts until my mom would arrive to the party. Proceeding to more often than not, shut down the donut train:(

In 2002 after my Dad passed, I started getting nostalgic, than sentimental one night upon watching one of my favorite episodes, "Shadow of a Condor."

......A few years earlier in the summer of 99 I bought a shoddy copy of the Gold Key #1 at an antique store in Hayward, WI. Once I had that comic, I'd pick up a pin, a comic here and there. It never took off into collecting or at least "seeking" out JQ......

But upon watching "Monster in the Monastery" after Condor that night.....decided I wanted to make a quest of my fun childhood memories via Jonny and the gang. :cloud9:

Thank-YOU Oak, I just got to stroll down memory lane again :foryou:

I prolly stated this already once, thrice or piecemeal in my tenure here. But since you put a smile on my face reading your post.....I also have some fond childhood memories of watching episodes with my Dad and older brother on some weekend mornings. JQ and the Jetsons were my Father's faves. I followed suit with JQ. I was hooked right away. It was just so different from any other cartoon, so cool.

I can see my brother and I chomping copious bowls of cereal in the living room (frowned upon eating cereal in living room....since I spilled a time or two:) Or the best was, my Dad would get donuts at the butt crack of dawn shortly after he woke and had some coffee. I'd come into kitchen (or smell them coming downstairs if apple fritters:) and there they were....pretty maids all in rows, mine for the taking! It was total confirmation it was cartoon time with "the men" in the living room eating donuts until my mom would arrive to the party. Proceeding to more often than not, shut down the donut train:(

In 2002 after my Dad passed, I started getting nostalgic, than sentimental one night upon watching one of my favorite episodes, "Shadow of a Condor."

......A few years earlier in the summer of 99 I bought a shoddy copy of the Gold Key #1 at an antique store in Hayward, WI. Once I had that comic, I'd pick up a pin, a comic here and there. It never took off into collecting or at least "seeking" out JQ......

But upon watching "Monster in the Monastery" after Condor that night.....decided I wanted to make a quest of my fun childhood memories via Jonny and the gang. :cloud9:

I had very similar fond memories. We really did grow up in a wonderful era, sometimes I feel sad for the kids today. Thank you for sharing. :cloud9:

This why my 9.6 JQ book is really my most proud achievement in all my CGC collection. A lot of time, money and heart went into that puppy.

I bought and hoarded 3 of the 5 9.4s. Which were 3 of the 3 ow/ws in the census.

2 of which I proudly brought to slabbed form.

Finally to achieve nirvana with my 9.6 :cloud9:

That sunburst cover never ever gets old in my eyes! :luhv:

I had very similar fond memories. We really did grow up in a wonderful era, sometimes I feel sad for the kids today. Thank you for sharing. :cloud9:

I feel the same way, we were very lucky 2c