• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,318 posts in this topic

Okay - I'm inspired. Last year I was able to visit the "Canadian Golden-Age Showcase Museum" - also known as eccomics Comic Room.

I've still got some interference in the basement - some sort of WAF-frequency (Wife Acceptance Factor) - however, I've started on my Office/Comic Space.

There is no possible way I can cram all my comics into the space allocated for my office. So I have a "feeder" room and a "office/comic" room.

This is a work in progress and I am in the process of getting a LOT of original art framed professionally. I'm putting it on acid-free matting in anti-glare frames (read: $$) - so that is slower. Every time I go to spend $ on framing, I end-up buying more art or comics! Such is the fate of the comic collector. :)

First: The feeder room:

My hardcovers and the "cube" of current series that I collect - the "active" collection.

wallA.jpg

Of course, it's spilt over.

wallB.jpg

Then: The "deep" storage. These are a couple dozen assorted long and short boxes piled way into this deep space for my "dead" series. Not that this is working out at all - I keep digging into them and there are boxes of special odds and ends in here. They are not organized very well. Maybe I should call this the "heap"

Dig the cool wood panelling ,...... man.....

deepspace.jpg

Okay - onto my "office"

My ducks stay with me. They are in a secured place (GA ducks) and the ones that fit are in the Comic drawers under the desk here. I really need to get some original art onto the walls. :(

starterA.jpg

I did go and get some wall shelves and I have a rotating display of what I like at any given time up here (until I get more, but then I'll have more comics....) Anyhow. At the moment I am trying to complete some sets of key bronze and copper, so there are some here. Of course, ducks are always required.

starterB.jpg

One day I'll have more artwork up and even maybe another wall for books, etc. It's a real work in progress. The kids have to move out eventually!

Edited by bergdoll

It's nice enough Slym and laid out better than my mess.

Earl.

Well, they were spread out over every available inch of my floor in that pic. All the boxes are stored in three different closets around the house, otherwise. Who needs room for shoes? That is what the space under the bed is for.

-slym

Actually thats the back up .My Niece gave it to me from Six Flags.

Ive carried one for years as I have to have my meds with me all the time.Better than the alternative....trust me

Dude - you don't still use that "fanny-pack," do you???

;)lol:blush:

-slym

I know I know me again........trying to contribute.

The room ................much like everyones.

Come in and welcome.

Credit to ya. You experienced a bit of abuse when you got here but you are working hard to fit in and contribute. I like your pics, lots to pick through and check out. I have the strong urge to reach through my monitor and open some of those boxes. Treasures await.

Looks like you also are into model railroading.

Very nice, thanks for the pics.

Edited by thehumantorch

Again thankyou. HT you seem a real gent. .

Boxes are being opened scans flying, keep watching on my main forum thread

JR

P.S. would you belive I lived in Prince Albert Saskatchawan (spelling) as a boy 1964........

I know I know me again........trying to contribute.

The room ................much like everyones.

Come in and welcome.

Credit to ya. You experienced a bit of abuse when you got here but you are working hard to fit in and contribute. I like your pics, lots to pick through and check out. I have the strong urge to reach through my monitor and open some of those boxes. Treasures await.

Looks like you also are into model railroading.

Very nice, thanks for the pics.

Welcome to my Turtle Room! I don’t have everything on display, just don’t have the room. That said, I do have a fair amount of interesting stuff out for viewing. I’ve essentially converted a small spare bedroom, but even though it’s a whole room, it’s still way too small to put everything out in. Anyways, thanks for checking it out!

First up, I can’t show you my room without showing what’s been hanging outside of my room ever since ’89. This hanger has been on my doors everywhere I’ve lived, from Oklahoma to Miami and even up to college. It’s a bit tattered but still hangs (with a bit of help!)

doorhanger-1.jpg

Walking into the room to the left you see this rather plain looking closet.

closet-1.jpg

Inside, however, houses my comic collection.

closetopen.jpg

Ok, there’s a lot going on in here.

On the left is my comic rack, which has my CGC collection in front. Almost all of my books are 9.8. (I had just bumped the rack before the photo and forgot to line everything up again so some books look a little skewed)

cgctotal.jpg

1-4, 1st prints and Raphael SS

cgc14.jpg

5-22

cgc5-11.jpg

Miscellaneious

cgcmisc.jpg

Behind the rack, I have most of my loose comic collection. There are about 400 books on there.

comicrack.jpg

To the right on the table, I have an assortment of Mirage related items and books.

You can see the rare T-shirt from ’86 along with ’85 pin set. There’s the bronze version of the statue along with a few of my dark horse figures in package, including the first release version in stapled bag. And my Silver and White Turtlemanias.

miragemisc.jpg

And jumping past a few loose books/mags, we can see my Challenges soft and ultra rare hard cover books

bothchallenges-1.jpg

Along the back wall, I have every one of the collected books/graphic novels that have ever been produced.

collectedbooks-1.jpg

Above them, I have the limited edition Mirage print

mirageprint.jpg

You may have noticed, my “wallpaper” on the back. In keeping with being an original art nut, ALL of that is original artwork from Frank Fosco, artist from Image Comics who drew volume 3 of the comics from '96-'99. All of it’s the real deal, and they are roughs and sketches from various books in the series. There’s cover work, panels, everything. Some in pen, pencils, markers. I have so much of this awesome stuff I needed a neat way to show it off. I thought a collage of sorts would work and I think I accomplished what I was looking for (and no, that’s not all of it!)

collage1.jpg

artcollage2.jpg

artcollage1.jpg

Ok, I just brought up original art. Lets leave the closet and see what else is going on.

On the wall opposite the closet, I have framed my 8 page story from ‘86s Mudens Bar. An incredible collection of early pages, so I HAD to frame them together. (to see each page closer up, check my CAF)

completestory.jpg

Next to the closet, I have my Peter Laird ’84 donatello sketch (my earliest TMNT artwork)

lairdsketch.jpg

and my Gobbledygook #2 page (my earlist page period).

gobbeldgook.jpg

To see these closer up check my CAF below.

Next to those, I have my pages from issues 1985s 3, 4, and 5 (framed with the First publishing colored page by Steve Lavigne). These pages are classic Eastman & Laird, and feature all of their pencils/inks.

34and5together.jpg

And I think I’ll stop here as most of the room is made up of toys and I don't think theres much interest for that here. As a sneak peek though, I’ll show you “The Wall”, which is my solution to having too many vehicles in boxes to store. Also, proved to be an innovative way to separate the spaces. (and No, the windows are not ususally open; only when I'm in there.

frontwall1.jpg

backsidewall.jpg