• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! Heres a few more pics

Corner wall and floor. The loose figs on the bottom pic are some of original toys I played with as a boy. With broken pieces, chipped paint, missing parts these are some of the most important pieces of my entire collection...

backcorneroffigureMIBdisplay.jpg

collectorcasefloordisplay.jpg

Part of the ceiling

allposterceilingdisplay.jpg

I recently relocated most of my comicbooks to a new room!! I was in a split level office / loft arrangement (see below)

ComicbookOffice.jpg

ComicbookOffice1.jpg

ComicbookLoftentry.jpg

ComicbookLoft1.jpg

ComicLoft3.jpg

Now I am in one large room with about 85% of my books. The Heroclix, Graphic Novels, and supplies have not completely made it down from the loft but I have plenty of wall space now to start my OA collection!!!

ComicbookRoom1.jpg

ComicbookRoom3.jpg

ComicbookRoom4.jpg

ComicbookRoom2.jpg

Welcome to my Turtle Room! I dont have everything on display, just dont have the room. That said, I do have a fair amount of interesting stuff out for viewing. Ive essentially converted a small spare bedroom, but even though its a whole room, its still way too small to put everything out in. Anyways, thanks for checking it out!

First up, I cant show you my room without showing whats been hanging outside of my room ever since 89. This hanger has been on my doors everywhere Ive lived, from Oklahoma to Miami and even up to college. Its a bit tattered but still hangs (with a bit of help!)

doorhanger-1.jpg

Walking into the room to the left you see this rather plain looking closet.

closet-1.jpg

Inside, however, houses my comic collection.

closetopen.jpg

Ok, theres a lot going on in here.

On the left is my comic rack, which has my CGC collection in front. Almost all of my books are 9.8. (I had just bumped the rack before the photo and forgot to line everything up again so some books look a little skewed)

cgctotal.jpg

1-4, 1st prints and Raphael SS

cgc14.jpg

5-22

cgc5-11.jpg

Miscellaneious

cgcmisc.jpg

Behind the rack, I have most of my loose comic collection. There are about 400 books on there.

comicrack.jpg

To the right on the table, I have an assortment of Mirage related items and books.

You can see the rare T-shirt from 86 along with 85 pin set. Theres the bronze version of the statue along with a few of my dark horse figures in package, including the first release version in stapled bag. And my Silver and White Turtlemanias.

miragemisc.jpg

And jumping past a few loose books/mags, we can see my Challenges soft and ultra rare hard cover books

bothchallenges-1.jpg

Along the back wall, I have every one of the collected books/graphic novels that have ever been produced.

collectedbooks-1.jpg

Above them, I have the limited edition Mirage print

mirageprint.jpg

You may have noticed, my wallpaper on the back. In keeping with being an original art nut, ALL of that is original artwork from Frank Fosco, artist from Image Comics who drew volume 3 of the comics from '96-'99. All of its the real deal, and they are roughs and sketches from various books in the series. Theres cover work, panels, everything. Some in pen, pencils, markers. I have so much of this awesome stuff I needed a neat way to show it off. I thought a collage of sorts would work and I think I accomplished what I was looking for (and no, thats not all of it!)

collage1.jpg

artcollage2.jpg

artcollage1.jpg

Ok, I just brought up original art. Lets leave the closet and see what else is going on.

On the wall opposite the closet, I have framed my 8 page story from 86s Mudens Bar. An incredible collection of early pages, so I HAD to frame them together. (to see each page closer up, check my CAF)

completestory.jpg

Next to the closet, I have my Peter Laird 84 donatello sketch (my earliest TMNT artwork)

lairdsketch.jpg

and my Gobbledygook #2 page (my earlist page period).

gobbeldgook.jpg

To see these closer up check my CAF below.

Next to those, I have my pages from issues 1985s 3, 4, and 5 (framed with the First publishing colored page by Steve Lavigne). These pages are classic Eastman & Laird, and feature all of their pencils/inks.

34and5together.jpg

And I think Ill stop here as most of the room is made up of toys and I don't think theres much interest for that here. As a sneak peek though, Ill show you The Wall, which is my solution to having too many vehicles in boxes to store. Also, proved to be an innovative way to separate the spaces. (and No, the windows are not ususally open; only when I'm in there.

frontwall1.jpg

backsidewall.jpg

astounding!! i just had to travel back until i found all these pics.

dude awesome - best room yet

Well, with the flooding that I got looks like I am getting my basement redone. So, Looks like I am going to pick a newly well lit corner, put my few shelves (of course not against an outside wall, right? And set up a small area for myself. It is a start.... Need to organize and cull, details to follow.

Here are some pictures of my basement comic book room(s).

Left door is room #1 - right door is room #2:

cbr-entrance.jpg

Comic book room #1 is where the bulk of my collection is stored - got DC & indies in the three filing cabinets, and

Marvel (+ some long-running DC/indy series) in the drawerboxes to the left.

cbr-main1.jpg

Labels are a slightly OCD collector's best friend:

cbr-main2.jpg

150+ copies of Miracleman #1-3 in the second "dupes" box!

cbr-main2b.jpg

The re-bagging desk sees frequent use:

cbr-main3.jpg

CGC books on the wall are all moderns/copper - the SA slabs are in room #2:

cbr-main4.jpg

Those are the CGC frames from Frame it Again, Sam - at $13/frame, you really can't go wrong with these:

cbr-main5.jpg

That's a small sketch from fantasy artist Jeff Easley in the top right corner - I sent him a fan-letter when I was a teenager, and he sent me a sketch. Awesome!

cbr-main6.jpg

Didn't quite finish hanging up items yet - the bulk of my OA is actually upstairs, scattered around the house. My wife is awesome.

cbr-main7.jpg

40 drawerboxes in some utility racks from home depot - don't want them sitting on the floor.

cbr-main8.jpg

Bunch of different mylars/half-backs/full-backs above the boxes - the regular size mylites2 (which I use for the bulk of my books) are

usually stacked on the desk for easy access. This space is for the "weirder" sizes.

cbr-main9.jpg

I cut out foamboard bottoms & dividers for the filing cabinets - it's amazing how many books you can actually fit in there.

cbr-main10.jpg

This is comic book room #2 - which is still being filled:

cbr2-main1.jpg

Trades, hardcovers, some toys, and a ton of Sandman-related items:

cbr2-main2.jpg

Still need to clean up the second display case & figure out what I want to put in there - I'm pretty happy with the items in the first one:

cbr2-main3.jpg

I love it...whats great is that you have 3 of the sketches that I personally got done (Jeanty Buffy, McKeever Cap and Oeming Skrull Rocket Raccoon) right next to each another. I am glad they are being displayed and loved.

So Mike,

You have a new Admirer, I just show'd my wife your set up and she is like " Why can't you be more organize like him" :applause: But I have to say that is very nice and well organized. (thumbs u