• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

Those are awesome rooms!!!

I've always been curious about basements. What preventive measures do you take to prevent to possibility of flooding? All the homes plumbing is down there plus weather.

Dude your room is clean clean cleeeean!!! That is some very organized art, usually most of us have everything everywhere where things only make sense to us, that's pro... pro I tell you. I'd be afraid of going in there without any white cotton gloves, Small little figure section in between all the OCDness makes it all better.. wow!!

Michael, I am speechless, I am just blown away by those rooms.

I'm embarrassed at the way my basement must have looked to you !

Incredible organization and presentment. I think CGC should give you another presentation award, for those rooms !!!

Thanks, guys - appreciate all the kind words! And, bob, visiting your basement is like digging for buried treasure - you've got nothing to be ashamed about (thumbs u

Shark: These are the CGC frames that I use. I've never seen him at any conventions, though.

Brian: My sole preventative measure (well, apart from religiously checking the rooms whenever it's raining outside) is just to try to keep things off the floors. There are no large pipes snaking over the rooms themselves, so my chief concern is water on the floor ... So far I haven't had any problems, though :wishluck:

Thanks, guys - appreciate all the kind words! And, bob, visiting your basement is like digging for buried treasure - you've got nothing to be ashamed about (thumbs u

Shark: These are the CGC frames that I use. I've never seen him at any conventions, though.

Brian: My sole preventative measure (well, apart from religiously checking the rooms whenever it's raining outside) is just to try to keep things off the floors. There are no large pipes snaking over the rooms themselves, so my chief concern is water on the floor ... So far I haven't had any problems, though :wishluck:

I'm glad that your sweet DCs are in the sweet filing cabinets. Are they filed on the side?

Your rooms are SWEET. I love the rack and comic drawer system you're using. Where do you pick up the drawers from? And do they hold Silver and Golden age books?

These are the drawerboxes - I think they're awesome, but the inner width is not that much bigger than a regular comic book box (around 7 1/2"), so it's a definite no-go for GA books. Standard-sized Mylites2 (7 1/4" wide) fit in there with a bit of room to spare, but Silver-sized Mylites2 (7 3/4" wide) do not.

I use the individual boxes to the right for my SA/GA books ... (the grey E Gerber acid-free boxes are much wider than regular boxes - as long as it's not magazine-sized, it'll fit in them).

I'm glad that your sweet DCs are in the sweet filing cabinets. Are they filed on the side?

No, the filing cabinets are legal-sized HON cabinets - so you get two rows of upright books in each drawer with a foamboard divider in-between. They're basically just like one big ol' metal comic book box that weighs a ton & holds about 1200 books.

Those are awesome rooms!!!

I've always been curious about basements. What preventive measures do you take to prevent to possibility of flooding? All the homes plumbing is down there plus weather.

I've always worried about that in the past as well. Especially since having a hurricane flood our house in Maryland years ago, the memories never leave you comfortable.

There's a foaming system that's been around for a few years where they come in and enclose your entire basement rafters and side areas. This means also enclosing all water pipes, gas lines, etc. A neighbor had this done recently for $800 and the sound protection was also super if you are looking to install a theater in the basement.

http://www.greenbearinnovations.com/insulation.html

I'll be doing this soon enough so we can pull all our insulation out and enclose the whole basement ceiling. Just trying to figure out how much work this is going to be taking everything out so they can do the work, or can they just work around the comic racks if I cover everything in plastic.

awesome rooms, but WAY Too organized and neat for me :baiting:

lol - seconded. You could probably have an operation in that room and not have to seal it off! My comic room wouldn't/couldn't look like that even if I had a troupe of Merry Maids coming through every day to clean up after me. I'm a huge clutterbug and wouldn't have it any other way.

Looking through all of these rooms is a lot of fun though, you can definitely see a bit of the personalities of each person come through in the room.

Michael, I am speechless, I am just blown away by those rooms.

I'm embarrassed at the way my basement must have looked to you !

Incredible organization and presentment. I think CGC should give you another presentation award, for those rooms !!!

Hey, Bob. That is how I want your collection to look when I visit in July! Awesome rooms. Beats my closet.

That's a small sketch from fantasy artist Jeff Easley in the top right corner - I sent him a fan-letter when I was a teenager, and he sent me a sketch. Awesome!

Any chance we can see a close-up picture of it? :wishluck: