• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

That's a small sketch from fantasy artist Jeff Easley in the top right corner - I sent him a fan-letter when I was a teenager, and he sent me a sketch. Awesome!

Any chance we can see a close-up picture of it? :wishluck:

Sure - here you go:

cbr-easley-sketch.jpg

That's a small sketch from fantasy artist Jeff Easley in the top right corner - I sent him a fan-letter when I was a teenager, and he sent me a sketch. Awesome!

Any chance we can see a close-up picture of it? :wishluck:

Sure - here you go:

cbr-easley-sketch.jpg

oh mess. its on the floor.

How long did it take you to organize your collection or have you kept it up from the start?

I spent about a month rebagging & organizing things when we moved to our new house - I've never had a comic book room before, so it was actually kinda fun trying to figure out which kind of setup I wanted. Nowadays, I keep it pretty organized as a matter of habit - usually there are waiting-to-be-sorted books on the table & on top of the filing cabinets, though :)

I have some not-so-great pics of my setup at my place where I've been for a year and a half.

It's a second floor, big 5 1/2 of a duplex though not quite as big as a house to one's self. I had to be a bit creative, and have a girlfriend who likes my stuff to get things to where I'm at (and happy).

I've got my 3 comic armoirs beside each other along the inside wall of the dining room where they fit just perfectly. They are 6 feet high, 2 1/2 wide and 16 inches deep. The best stuff is organized in dividers (see open door pic), and the rest are arranged inside 2 rows deep...they hold A LOT of books, and hidden from view until you want to see them.

On top is my sketch and original art collection.

Armoires.jpg

cabs.jpg

scetches.jpg

Very cool, love the wine decanters as well. (thumbs u

Thanks. Wine is another one of our vices.

BTW, the open armoir was the home to the Can. Ed. Ghost Rider #1 for quite a while.

We have expensive coasters as well...

coas.jpg

Very cool, love the wine decanters as well. (thumbs u

Thanks. Wine is another one of our vices.

BTW, the open armoir was the home to the Can. Ed. Ghost Rider #1 for quite a while.

:cloud9: Yeah I'm going to keep that copy. Was ready to sell it if someone jumped on it but might as well hang on to that issue because I'll probably regret letting it go. Love wine myself, and hope to have a mini wine cellar in my home one day where I could play cards and smoke cigars in it, with a cool comic room right next to it. :cloud9: :cloud9:

I recently relocated most of my comicbooks to a new room!! I was in a split level office / loft arrangement (see below)

ComicLoft3.jpg

Hey ComicDoc, where'd you get this shelving with wheels? ???? All the units I see at Home Depot that are similar in construction just have straight legs.