• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many of the Old Guys are left ?

20 posts in this topic

With the passing of Arnold Drake, it got me to thinking about exactly who is left

from the first generation of comicbook artists & writers?

Murphy Anderson--a grand old gent...Creig Flessel...and ?

Too bad many of today's noobies don't have a clue about these guys and what they brought to the table...

Besides the others already mentioned, I think all of the following started working in the late 40's or early 50's and are still alive.

Joe Sinnott

Joe Kubert

Jack Kamen

Jack Davis

Al Williamson

Frank Frazetta

Al Feldstein

Irwin Hasen

Russ Heath

Angelo Torres

Gene Colan

Steve Ditko

Jim Mooney, Luis Domenguz, Frank Frazetta, Irwin Hasen, Thought not a comic creator Art Cloakey (the creator of Gumby) is still alive and well. Al Williamson, Joe Giella, There are many but there are getting less and less.

I actually Spoke to Mr Drake about 2 weeks ago at the Ny Comic-con I got a doom Patrol Signed. For me it is sad and wierd all the same. I just saw the guy and now he is dead.

Others who are still alive are Ray Bradbury ( many of his stories were adapted into comics even in the golden age plus he wrote golden age pulps.)

Forrest Ackerman (he edited Famous Monsters of Filmland) is still alive at 90.

i post on another site that has quite a few comic fans (mostly a music site though), and i tried to school them, but met with mostly deaf ears

I like the pun! 27_laughing.gif