• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Here's a little something for the Tarzan fans in the group.

hail.gif

But is there a cover you can show us? Also a cover of the John Carter issue you showed previously? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

BZ,

it doesn't seem like the value of your collection matters that much to me, and I have to say that that impresses me. You still seem, after all these years, to be in love with funny books. But I am curious, what would you say your collection is worth in financial terms? I've been thinking of a broad range (1-3 million), but was wondering if you've ever taken the time to do the math.

OT- man, Marvel needs to archive reprint these old Timelys. I'd pay 50 bucks a pop for that stuff all day long. Damn you DC and your fat Time Warner backed pockets.

OT- man, Marvel needs to archive reprint these old Timelys. I'd pay 50 bucks a pop for that stuff all day long. Damn you DC and your fat Time Warner backed pockets.

Well, haven't they just been doing that in the Masterworks series? confused.gif

Here's what's out:

All-Winners Vol. 1

All-Winners Vol. 2

Marvel Vol. 1

Marvel Vol. 2

Capt. America Vol. 1

Human Torch Vol. 1

Sub-Mariner Vol. 1

USA Vol. 1

plus the Atlas Heroes vol. 1 and I know these have been successful enough that more are planned, Sub-Mariner vol. 2 being the next to come out.

I totally agree -- BZ's collection is great not just because it has great books, but because it has great personality. The diversity of titles, the basement(!), the glad bags! the drama of what will be next! shy.gif That's what comics are all about. His collection is not just a want list or a group of books that have been traded back and forth umpteen times, it's part of HIM. And even better, BZ is obviously very proud of these books, but not so proud that he has encased them in acidic-reducing .00857% Kryptonite supermylar and thus can't scan them for all of us to look at. I forget who said it, but I totally agree that this thread is entirely unique and no one is going to forget it. Once again BZ, thanks for sharing.

and I hesitate, sorta, but have to ask (no, not about 'Tec 27 27_laughing.gif) but could YOU possibly be the owner of the only known copy of the Taylor's Christmas Tabloid???

I shrug my shoulders and say, nahh, couldn't be...

But then I say, on the other hand..... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

BR

Here's a little something for the Tarzan fans in the group. AllStoryOct1912GA.jpg

That's just AWESOME!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks so much for sharing ...

hey tarzan geek, i heard MrBedrock has been treating you just like he treats all his customers. don't know that i'd call it a 'treat,' tho'.

hey tarzan geek, i heard MrBedrock has been treating you just like he treats all his customers. don't know that i'd call it a 'treat,' tho'.

Hey Parker, you couldn't possibly be referring to the fact that I often get "the raw end of the stick" in my dealings with MrBedrock, could you?

Hey Parker, you couldn't possibly be referring to the fact that I often get "the raw end of the stick" in my dealings with MrBedrock, could you? sign-funnypost.gif

I am curious how people got in touch with you? There is no address or phone number. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think he "whited it out" in his scan. gossip.gif

Well I'll be darned! I think you are right. How could I ever have missed that? Gosh, thanks for the keen eye. thumbsup2.gif

Mystic2GA.jpg

Thanks! I feel like I got to cut in line. You are A-OK! And you picked one of the toughest, and one of my favorites. Thanks again

I am curious how people got in touch with you? There is no address or phone number. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think he "whited it out" in his scan. gossip.gif

Well I'll be darned! I think you are right. How could I ever have missed that? Gosh, thanks for the keen eye. thumbsup2.gif

Thank goodness that mystery has been solved. lupe.gif

Here's a little something for the Tarzan fans in the group. AllStoryOct1912GA.jpg

That's just AWESOME!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks so much for sharing ...

Actually, it is a special "treatment" reserved for a special client!

Hey Parker, you couldn't possibly be referring to the fact that I often get "the raw end of the stick" in my dealings with MrBedrock, could you?

more like the 'short end,' huh?

more like the 'short end,' huh? 27_laughing.gif

more like the 'short end,' huh? 27_laughing.gif

I really don't find this line of conversation very amusing.....