• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

i love this kind of stuff. did you go the any early cons in detroit?

No, just New York.

I believe at this point in time, the NY conventions were the only comic cons being held anywhere in the country.

Tec #35-$25. blush.gif I take it that wasn't cheap for 1966 dollars, 40+ years ago?

$25 adjusted for inflation would be $154.42 in today's world, according to an Internet Inflation Calculator I just used.

Or, if you had it invested safely in 10-Year Treasury starting on August 1966, right after the con, you'd have $453.57 right now.

Since someone's claimed the Dec #35, I'll have to make up my mind between the Adventure #40 or All Star #19 for $25.

(too bad I don't have an extra $5 to go for the #31).

But remember grading was looser back then, so those fine's might only be VGs or so.

$25 was a nice bit of change for comics - that's equal to 208 current issues at the time.

Since most comics now are $2-3, I'd say thats about the same as pricing a book at around $500. Pretty nuts at the time considering it was only 27 years old. Not many books from 1980 I'd pay $25 (let alone $500) for in Fine condition.