• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

If there is any interest, I could post additional St John and Margaret Brundage covers.

Yes, please! (thumbs u

Post as many as you have, till you hear us complain, keep posting,

Cause ain't no body complaining. :grin:

sick condition too. what do you think something like that is worth in terms of filthy lucre? (I find it interesting to get a sense of other markets).

A couple grand maybe. (shrug) Honestly I've never seen one that nice for sale before so I don't really know. A much much lower grade copy went for $800 on ebay last week:

Weird Tales Dec 1932 auction

Jeff

sick condition too. what do you think something like that is worth in terms of filthy lucre? (I find it interesting to get a sense of other markets).

A couple grand maybe. (shrug) Honestly I've never seen one that nice for sale before so I don't really know. A much much lower grade copy went for $800 on ebay last week:

Jeff

A VG/FN one went for $5,377 on Heritage in September 2006.

Jeff

So did the ebay buyer get a fantastic deal or did the Heritage buyer pay way too much. I recall a heritage auction last year where pulps were going for CRAZY money - after years of Heritage often being cheaper than ebay.

ERBdisplay.jpg

Fabulous!!!

It's so stellar you hardly miss that comic hidden in the upper right. :cool:

Jeff

So did the ebay buyer get a fantastic deal or did the Heritage buyer pay way too much. I recall a heritage auction last year where pulps were going for CRAZY money - after years of Heritage often being cheaper than ebay.

The Heritage buyer paid way too much, particularly since that copy appears to be overgraded. That one is from that crazy pulp auction last year with the All-Story Tarzan so it's not really representative. That price is, however, about what you might expect for a copy as nice as BZ's. The other two sales on Heritage are more typical ($717 for a VG and $507 for a GD+).

As far as comparing values between different collectible markets, several grand is a lot for a pulp, but yes it seems like a bargain compared to comic prices. If you consider the ultimate grail for pulps, the Tarzan All-Story, is about a $50,000 book compared to say $500,000 for a upper mid-grade Action 1 you get an idea of the difference - about one decimal point. :)

Jeff

ERBdisplay.jpg

sure, they're pretty, but looking at them leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

abject, shameless envy and the long-shot hope i'll stay in his will after the impending nuptials tends to do that to the taste in my mouth.

ERBdisplay.jpg

abject, shameless envy and the long-shot hope i'll stay in his will after the impending nuptials tends to do that to the taste in my mouth.

no worries parker, I am not even a will after thought.... but them nuptials sure can be good! congrats all the way around ,bedrock!

rick

ERBdisplay.jpg

:signfunny: