• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

The cover on that one ain't too shabby neither.

CrimePunish66.jpg

wow, this is great. Toth/Kane? never seen that one before, thanks!

Alex Toth. BZ put up pictures of the story and I put up a pic of the cover.

Do you have any Amazing Stories?

I have more than 200. (thumbs u

Very nice! I've just started collecting the bed sheet sized issues

I've been eyeing some of these lately as well. I'd love to see you post some. Somebody should really start a "pulp have a cigar" thread. hm

Jeff

So speaking of Amazing Stories and ERB, how about the 1927 Annual? :wishluck::)

No, I don't.

If you or anyone else here has a copy, please post it.

I recall that Ryan has a nice collection of bedsheet size Amazing. Maybe he has a copy?

I have more than 200.

I've been eyeing some of these lately as well. I'd love to see you post some.

Jeff, please feel free to post photos or scans of your pulps here.

I'd love to see what you have in your collection. I think our interests overlap in many areas.

I have more than 200.

I've been eyeing some of these lately as well. I'd love to see you post some.

Jeff, please feel free to post photos or scans of your pulps here.

I'd love to see what you have in your collection. I think our interests overlap in many areas.

I hate to sully your amazing thread with my meager low grade offerings, but since you asked.... :)

These are a couple of recent pickups. I'm still waiting on a couple more Argosys - hopefully they'll come this week. I've just starting getting into pulps so I'm definately a newbie here, but I can see already how addicting it can be. :cool:

Argosy1932-09-17fcsm.jpg

BlueBook1930-04fcsm.jpg

I saw a St John oil original whilst in seattle (buccaneers of venus?) at the Hendrix Experience museum..... just breathtaking!

One of these perhaps?

WeirdTales1932-11.jpgWeirdTales1932-12.jpgWeirdTales1933-01.jpgWeirdTales1933-02.jpg

These aren't mine BTW, just small images I found on the web. But...maybe BZ has copies he could share. :foryou::wishluck:

Jeff

Or more simply; the one with the horse :)

I can't tell you how beautiful it was in person. What do you some of you pundits think that original might be worth? The printed cover does ZERO justice to it.

Edited by Bronty

Well the museum's only been around five or ten years or something so don't feel bad. Well worth checking out if you're in the area though.

Lots of cool scifi stuff, tons of music related collectibles including hendrix/nirvana/older material and some movie props, that while I'm not that interested in, must be worth stupid money. Skywalker's lightsaber and flight suit, Arnold's leather jacket from terminator, Darth Vader suit, the witch's hat from the Wizard of Oz, all kinds of very neat and valuable stuff.

I saw a St John oil original whilst in seattle (buccaneers of venus?) at the Hendrix Experience museum..... just breathtaking!

Sounds like a great museum, but how does St John tie in to Hendrix?

The museum is half music related (hendrix et al) and half sci-fi (movies/books/yes even pulps)... lots of sci fi original artwork on display but the St John was clearly head and shoulders over the others. It was not trumpeted or really very prominently displayed but it was clearly in a class by itself.