• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

The artist's sexual proclivities are quite clear.....

So are the reader's...

I have a bunch of issues of the Funnies, but I only get them for the John Carter stories. meh

I swear I've never read a Phantasmo story - not that there's anything wrong with that. :blush:

Jeff

I've heard that Larry Craig collect The Funnies......it all makes sense now. Didn't Phantasmo engage in some kind of toe tapping ritual?

Now that you mention it, he did seem to have a wide stance.

Edited by Weird Paper

Moving on from Phantasmo and the slippery slope the conversation has taken, here's a no less oddball story. I did put up better stuff in the GA Contest thread in General: a couple of Reed Crandall story: Blackhawk and The Ray and a cool Midnight story by Jack Cole. Go check them out if you haven't had the chance yet. Meanwhile, here's John Quincy Atom :whistle: (Note: the "That's me Folks!" was the typical line used by Groucho Marx when introduced on the radio game show You Bet your Life).

46045-K5-A1.jpg.f114644068add2f89e8a9b584e702c35.jpg

46046-K5-A2.jpg.eeccbc3edabb2cf393470ebcecca5768.jpg

46047-K5-A3.jpg.15681cbaf0de9a40af698184649049d8.jpg

46048-K5-A4.jpg.3245d635ba429a3de1b4695e7700922a.jpg

I'm a big fan of Alex Toth so I've enjoyed the recent discussions of his work in the Best Artist thread over in the Comics General forum and the Toth thread here on this forum.

Here is an example of Toth's work that appeared in Crime and Punishment # 66.

tothpg1.jpg

tothpg2.jpg

tothpg3.jpg

tothpg4.jpg

tothpg5.jpg

tothpg6.jpg

Crime and Punishment # 66 (March 1954)

The cover on that one ain't too shabby neither.

CrimePunish66.jpg

Tonights feature presentation is pulp magazines from your grandfathers and great grandfather's childhood.

weirdtales192909.jpg

:applause: That line-up is a Who's Who for Weird Tales. Nice selection you've posted. Any shudder pulps close-ups coming soon? :wishluck:

Oh, and thank you for the Toth story. I missed it when you first posted it.

I'm loving the pulps! :applause:

I've been picking up a few Argosys and Blue Books with ERB stories and covers over the last couple of weeks off ebay. It's amazing how cheap they are; these are essentially ERB true firsts, yet you can pick up pretty nice copies for under $50 (granted each novel is five or six issues, but still... :screwy:)

Jeff