• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

hey BZ, care to post the lowest grade book in your collection? Even you must have a ratty book or two?

Here we have a brave little comic.

If only he'd listened to our warnings about the dangers of playing with fire crackers.

marvelmystery_46.jpg

Hehehe thanks so much for posting that :) Even your lower grade books have sick eye appeal though ;) That's a lower grade book lots of us would be happy to own.

cheers,

Dan

Very, very true, Dan!

The Rudolph book is a giveaway from Montgomery Ward. I think it is a copy of the first appearance and the start of the legend. Robert May published the book in 1939 and 6 million copies were given away during the war. Rudolph became more popular when the song was released by Gene Autry in 1949. Montgomery Ward went out of business in the eighties I think. Or maybe it was bought out. The Little Fir Tree is a WT Grant promotional comic that has a story by Walt Kelly. Last time I checked it didn't have a price range listed in Overstreet since it was only sold in a few auctions.

bb

hey BZ, care to post the lowest grade book in your collection? Even you must have a ratty book or two?

Oh-h, that's a scary proposal. shocked.gif

That's going to involve going outside and then down to the caverns under the house. eek.gif

Yikes. leaving.gif

cavern.gif

Oh my God! He has his own Batcave!!!!

His own Batcave? He actually owns THE ONE AND ONLY batcave. He even has a giant penny and a T-Rex.

I was as happy as a clam.

Life on the road was grand.

No responsibilities.

Friends were aplenty.

Then as I got older, I discovered that I wasn't enjoying riding the rails as much as when I was younger.

hobo2.jpg

And things began to get a little rough in the hobo jungle.

hobo.gif

I decided I needed a new career.

I checked out the newsstand for ideas.

newsstand.jpg

Aha,

Maybe I should consider the comics.

The thing I have always loved about this title...

daring4.jpg

are the "western and foreign land adventures".

I think I'll try my hand at submitting a story to Adventure comics.

I just have to think of a good Limehouse story. hm

comics_3.jpg

I've always been a little sour toward Limehouse stories myself, but to each his own...

Edited by Ivanko

Wonderful find BZ! And well presented, as always.

Now I can do my Golden Age pilgrimage to NYC and make all the stops!

(P5, are you in?)

You're talking about trudging all over Manhattan in the bitter cold to look at cruddy old office buildings?

...My winter is looking up. :banana: