• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I am a big Mac Raboy fan but had never seen that Green Lama yarn before.

Thanks muchly :golfclap:

I love the way Raboy makes each and every panel interesting. Even the expository panels are beautiful, and he does little things like a couple of borderless panels to break up the "panel monotony" and give the reader something else to "contemplate".

I don't think there were any two consecutive panels with the same "viewpoint".

A vastly underrated and under appreciated artist.

Just my 12c

Hey BZ,

didn't you say you also have some movie memorabilia lying around in the BZ Treasure Basement. Do you have anything from this, one of my all time favorite movies - currently streaming from Netflix - ?

51430-RandPost.jpg.7e1fe071cd132efe77edef4ba45ac530.jpg

Hey BZ,

didn't you say you also have some movie memorabilia lying around in the BZ Treasure Basement. Do you have anything from this, one of my all time favorite movies - currently streaming from Netflix - ?

Sorry, I don't believe I have anything from It Happened One Night.

I definitely like that era. We don't have the wall space to hang many posters from my collection but I do have a few classics framed. In our bedroom we have Mr Smith Goes to Washington, Gone With the Wind, and a Terry Toons poster. Also, an Enoch Bolles painting.

In my den I have the noir classic, Out of the Past (starring Robert Mitchum) and Orson Welles' Journey into Fear. Immediately in front of me is a Superman 3-Sheet from 1948, and next to the door is The Thing From Another World

In the hallway is Double Indemnity.

And, in the living room we have Gaslight, Lifeboat, Val Lewton's Cat People, The Treasure of Sierra Madre, and Frank Capra's You Can't Take it With You.

Hey BZ,

Do you have anything from this, one of my all time favorite movies - currently streaming from Netflix - ?

51430-RandPost.jpg

Isn't Netflix's "Watch Instantly" feature neat?

I love it.

Especially now that they don't place any limits to the number of hours you can use it per month.

Hey BZ,

I definitely like that era. We don't have the wall space to hang many posters from my collection but I do have a few classics framed. In our bedroom we have Mr Smith Goes to Washington, Gone With the Wind, and a Terry Toons poster. Also, an Enoch Bolles painting.

In my den I have the noir classic, Out of the Past (starring Robert Mitchum) and Orson Welles' Journey into Fear. Immediately in front of me is a Superman 3-Sheet from 1948, and next to the door is The Thing From Another World

And, in the living room we have Gaslight, Lifeboat, Val Lewton's Cat People, The Treasure of Sierra Madre, and Frank Capra's You Can't Take it With You.

You are a man of impeccable taste. Feel free to toss a scan of one these little gems when you get the itch.

What about The Big Heat?? The Big Heat never gets the love it deserves...