• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

jackpot7_4.jpg

Great story--thanks, BZ.

I had always heard that Montana based Riverdale on his hometown of Haverhill, MA, but nothing drives it home like this page. All of stops shouted out by the conductor are real towns north of Haverhill, in NH, and many of them are still ski resorts.

jackpot7_4.jpg

Great story--thanks, BZ.

I had always heard that Montana based Riverdale on his hometown of Haverhill, MA, but nothing drives it home like this page. All of stops shouted out by the conductor are real towns north of Haverhill, in NH, and many of them are still ski resorts.

I never knew that...I live in Mamaroneck (the home of Archie comics)...grew up in the Bronx, not far from Riverdale and Scarsdale's HS (the next town over from Mamaroneck ) looks very much like the HS that was in some of the books from the 60's...so ...we always thought it was about this area...but never having seen the very early books, I see that they were very different:)

These ducklings appeared on the cover of what comic?

quiz08_8_1.jpg

Mother duck.

quiz08_8_2.jpg

Another piece of the cover.

quiz08_8_3.jpg

this is killing me, I should know this, I think I do, but I can't recall... :frustrated:

Me too. Isn't there a non-duck on the cover that is mistaken for either a duckling or the ducklings father? Or am I thinking of another book?

this is killing me, I should know this, I think I do, but I can't recall... :frustrated:

Me too. Isn't there a non-duck on the cover that is mistaken for either a duckling or the ducklings father? Or am I thinking of another book?

You're thinking of another book. :gossip:

You're thinking of another book. :gossip:

Ok, then I am officially stumped.

Glad to see an old-timer (sorry Bill) is also stumped despite his vast comic knowledge. I'm not giving up but I've already gone down the Easter / Christmas and other stories with Mother Goose path and it's none of those. Gotta keep thinking ...

Glad to see an old-timer (sorry Bill) is also stumped despite his vast comic knowledge. I'm not giving up but I've already gone down the Easter / Christmas and other stories with Mother Goose path and it's none of those.

We should have given each other high fives as we crossed paths!

Gotta keep thinking ...

Gotta stop thinking and start sleeping. Hopefully the experts will crack the case by morning.

Jack

Looks great! (thumbs u

Welcome to the boards :hi: and thanks for posting such tough books! :applause:

This is my first post so here goes to not screwing it up! These are some of my favs.

Welcome to the Boards.

Great looking comics you posted. :applause:

I have no memory of ever seeing those particular covers before, certainly not that size.

They're wonderful. (thumbs u