• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

One of my favorite things to do in pulps is peruse the letter column - you never know whose name will pop up.

Sure enough. I am reading The Citadel of Fear in the Feb '42 Famous Fantastic Mysteries issue and there's a letter by Robert Madle whom we've talked about in the thread. Heck I received his most recent catalog just a month or so ago!

Thanks! The paper is pretty nice, definately readable. I have all the Mars books already, but I would would to read some of the others. The A. Merritt story looks interesting.

I read my comics but rarely have felt comfortable reading my pulps.

All of the pulps I've seen you post have been like 9.8's - gorgeous! I'd be scared to breath on them, much less read them. :eek:

I was pretty nervous reading the Skylark of Space installment in the 8/28 Amazing (Buck Rogers issue). I had picked a pb reading copy of the novel from the 50's, but realized that Doc Smith had "updated" it with a lot of changes; the only way to read the original 20's version was to read the pulp.

One of my favorite things to do in pulps is peruse the letter column - you never know whose name will pop up.

My pulps are pretty nice but I worry about cracking the spines on them in a way that the I don't when reading comics. I have perused them because I have a number with fun interior art by Finlay, Bok etc and have read some of the shorter stories.

My pulps are pretty nice but I worry about cracking the spines on them in a way that the I don't when reading comics.

I don't have any particular concerns when I flip through my pulps, but I am always worried about cracking the spines of my BLB's when I look at them.

My pulps are pretty nice but I worry about cracking the spines on them in a way that the I don't when reading comics.

I don't have any particular concerns when I flip through my pulps, but I am always worried about cracking the spines of my BLB's when I look at them.

They crack when you just look at them? What happens when you actually touch them?

They crack when you just look at them? What happens when you actually touch them?

Bangzoom has quite a stare! :o

BZ

Don't worry about those cracks. You can put some heavy shipping tape along the binding and you will never have to worry about losing the cover. So read away! See Radio Patrol example below.

bb

1780633837_320350bf23_b.jpg

Ah! It feels so good to come back and visit this thread.Where the golden age still lives, pure and innocent. After all the other stuff I've been viewing on the boards. I had to take a few showers to feel clean again. But this is the place where you can still be a kid. :cloud9:

This image is from the cover of what GA cover?

quiz26_1.jpg

Here's another clue.

quiz26_2.jpg

Uh... Bad Date Comics #3?

I'm going to get one of these right one of these days....

Hangman is still my favorite.

2129951704_ff762f318c_o.jpg

That's a beautiful splash. :luhv:

What issue is that from? hm

That spash is from Pep 44. There are some nice stories in Top-Notch 8 too. Is there a Firefly splash in that issue?

bb

2129176361_a3f3b0d099_o.jpg

and this one is Pep 45. Not my scans but they are pretty nice.

Arrgh! I was looking at the Top-Notch gallery at GCD, looking for the claws and I missed it. doh! I though it had a MLJ look to it.

Theagenes,

I thought it looked like MLJ too. With the green hands and green face the Skull should come to mind and Top Notch. But I was thinking more about the Blue Ribbon 7 cover that I have. There is a similar Top Notch which started me thinking about where I had seen that yellow pier. That may sound like a strange free association of things but the sixties were good to me....

bb

[ 2233937511_78567fdd4a.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun