• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

BZ,

All the strips in King and Ace were quality items. Fawcett and DC comics were pretty close but the art was never as good as the Sunday reprints. But perhaps they could be more creative with more pages to work with and less format. Double page spreads, forty page stories, half page splashes and a lot of other tricks kind of made the original comic book art unique.

My collection is only a pale reflection of yours. I only have a few items of quality and a lot (lots and lots) of odds and ends. Speaking of odds and ends, Ace had Jungle Jim, Krazy Kat, Tim Tyler, Barnie Google and others.

bb

2557124538_2d7b761585_b.jpg

Those ducks don't look like Donald.

2556299571_2e2acfbf25_b.jpg

2557125010_d49981d3f7_b.jpg

2557124204_823a0d27ca_b.jpg

And this should have been in the premiums box. There are a lot of ads for toys and premiums associated with the LOA comic but no mention of Ovaltine. Maybe that was just radio. I think I remember that Capt. Midnight advertised Ovaltine on TV.

bb

2557125168_864db8c9ce.jpg

2556300163_ceae35a8dc.jpg

I thought that it looked like a logo from a Chesler comic but that didn't seem to be the case. At least I didn't find one with the other clue. Hopefully there will be another clue tomorrow.

bb

It looks like Detective Comics #28 to me......

Son of a bi...

THAT'S IT!!!

^^

CONGRATULATIONS

:applause:

Wow! Good job! I wasn't even close yet.

bb :golfclap:

well, I had my friday night bowling league, but I didn't recognize it either, and I am supposedly a pre robin tec "expert"...yeah, right :tonofbricks:

It looks like Detective Comics #28 to me......

Dang, kimik! That was impressive. (thumbs u