• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

New John Carter pulp. This story is thought to have been ghost written by John Coleman Burroughs and is an expanded version of the story first published in the Whitman John Carter Big Big Book. BZ do you have one of those (or the JC Fast Action BLB)?

Congrats on the new additions to your collection (comics and pulp). :applause:

I have the John Carter of Mars Better Little Book.

I don't think I've ever heard of a John Carter Big Big Book. hm

Do you have any photos of one?

Oops, that's the one I meant. doh!

dicktracy1-18.jpg

BZ

You and I have such similar tastes in comics....

P6010001.jpg

Wonderful collection, Bill. :applause::applause::applause:

I better not let my Tracy Comics see your photos, they might start demanding their own cedar chest. lol

BZ,

I thought I had a lot of Tracy but you seem to have gotten the bug. My collection is from Wally who also purchased Popular comics. I added the Big Big and Fast Action books. I still have most of the Tracy books but not all of the first 20 issues. Did you show all of the Four Color Tracy books too. I have a few of those.

bb

I found this interesting page in Mystery Men 14

2543779698_93a3828979_b.jpg

And if you find you have too much free time, then you can assemble one of these models from the same issue.

bb

2542889669_17e743380c.jpg

2542888931_47e4221e28.jpg

2543716108_bf9d449492.jpg

I still need to seal up some cracks and attach the Tesla receiving antenna but then "All Civilized Planets Will Be Destroyed".

I still need to seal up some cracks and attach the Tesla receiving antenna but then "All Civilized Planets Will Be Destroyed".

lol

BB, you've outdone yourself.

:applause::applause::applause:

I tried to convince my wife that I was collecting comics because of the investment potential. I don't think she bought it. I will probably see that model as exhibit A in divorce court.

bb :gossip:

lol

BB, you've outdone yourself.

:applause::applause::applause:

I'm still looking at that and shaking my head.

BB that is awesome! (thumbs u You are now, officially KING OF THE GEEKS!

Mystery Men 14

:screwy: I own that comic and I never noticed that page. :gossip:

BZ,

Can you confirm that the Briefer story in Rex Dexter is the same as the Mystery Men #4 story? I just noticed that someone (RyanH) posted a photo of the RD comic which had a familiar story.

bb

1272395-rexspread.JPG

And if you find you have too much free time, then you can assemble one of these models from the same issue.

bb

I love it! lol:applause:

Science Comics #3 also has a tank and an "Artic Schooner" you can assemble some rainy day. But this one is more fun. Were there other sci-fi machines or spaceships to assemble in other issues?

The GCD and Overstreet say nothing about the contents of Rex Dexter, other than listing the characters. The Keltner index lists four Rex Dexter stories in RD and three of them are reprints (6 pages each). I am assuming that issues 2-4 of Mystery Men were the source. But it could have been any of the first 6 issues. Do you know what the story line was for each of the short stories? Keltner must have had all of these issues at one time. He didn't just collect MLJ.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

bb

I still need to seal up some cracks and attach the Tesla receiving antenna but then "All Civilized Planets Shall Be Destroyed".

I love it! lol:applause:

Science Comics #3 also has a tank and an "Artic Schooner" you can assemble some rainy day. But this one is more fun. Were there other sci-fi machines or spaceships to assemble in other issues?

If you can make a high resolution scan of the comic pages, we can make a copy for assembly. I haven't seen any other sci-fi toys but I don't have a lot of early Fox issues. I have seen a few other toys from time to time. Fawcett was very serious about marketing the Cap Marvel toys. I met a guy who had so many kits that he had assembled working models of all of the Fawcett toys. Dell had featured toys on the covers of their Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck books. Unfortunately the result was quite a few coverless copies of Four Colors 291, 296 and 300 and etc. Fun to make though. I think I would like a Carl Barks' Magic Hourglass toy for my collection of junk. Maybe I can sell them on ebay. For $12.95 you can get 6 pages of cardboard toys and a small tube of glue. You only need a pair of surgical scissors and a lot of patience.

bb hm