• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

BZ,

Can you confirm that the Briefer story in Rex Dexter is the same as the Mystery Men #4 story? I just noticed that someone (RyanH) posted a photo of the RD comic which had a familiar story.

bb

1272395-rexspread.JPG

Those pages are indeed from the Rex Dexter story in Mystery Men #4. (thumbs u

Got this one in today - :)

:frustrated: I'm only missing a couple of Captain Future pulps and that issue is one of them. :censored:

For once I own a book you don't own :blush::banana: :banana: :baiting:

When did Captain Future go from Wizard of Science to the Man of Tomorrow?

The last one, the red cover looks like a neat cover. (thumbs u

2081535473_300a72c0d1.jpg

This is the cover of the other DT Big Big book that I have.

And below are two other Tracy Fast Action covers that someone else has, which were posted on their website.

bb

2548102600_7758d8458f.jpg

2548102446_6a46892b18.jpg

The first three Captain Future.

captfuture.jpg

Winter 1940, Spring 1940, Summer 1940

I think you are missing this Cap from the Summer of 42 (or you probably didn't show all of your issues yet). Wasn't Captain Future and the robot also featured on the cover of other pulps. I have seen a few. The second one below is probably my favorite. :cloud9:

bb

2453023714_58273a504c_b.jpg

2239296025_63400521a9_b.jpg

Wasn't Captain Future and the robot also featured on the cover of other pulps.

2239296025_63400521a9_b.jpg

After Captain Future folded, the publisher brought the character back for approximately 10 appearances in Startling. The stories were featured on the cover on at least three occasions.

I think the covers from those years are very good but I actually prefer the covers on Startling Stories from earlier years.

BZ,

I love the Pop-Up books. Do you have any more that you can show? Flash Gordon, Popeye and Terry are a few that come to mind. And what about the Mickey Mouse or Wizard of Oz Waddle books? I think they made a reprint a few years ago which made it possible to cut out the figures and "waddle" them down an elevated plane (without loss of investment). There were also "Hingees" which had cartoon characters with links at the joints which could be used as puppets. I also liked the Straight Arrow finger puppets. I saw a bunch of mint sheets several years ago but neglected to buy them. I haven't seen any since then. These were all fun toys and very fun to collect.

bb

By the way, if you are interested in more Big Big and Fast Action books, I will forward Robie's list when he sends me a new one.