• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Lucky guess cause he just bought one.

:makepoint:

Not a guess at all, but that is the NMish copy I just snagged this week in the photo! lol

The reason I recognized it right away is I went over the car window/top with the green like a hawk on my copy to make sure the color bleed through on the front cover was from staining and not a color touch. ;)

It looks like Detective Comics #28 to me......

IMG_7316-1.jpg

Son of a bi...

THAT'S IT!!!

^^

CONGRATULATIONS

:applause:

Thanks Bangzoom - now can we see your much higher grade copy of the book?

It looks like Detective Comics #28 to me......

IMG_7316-1.jpg

Son of a bi...

THAT'S IT!!!

^^

CONGRATULATIONS

:applause:

Thanks Bangzoom - now can we see your much higher grade copy of the book?

I'll second that... I bet BZ is itching to sell a comic... I volunteer to be that comic buying guinea pig if tec 28 is your cup of tea!

Congrats to kimik. Finding it at that stage was just short of miraculous :applause:

I triple that we need to see BZ's copy but I'd also love one of his special pulp shots ... this time for this series :wishluck: My copy came in the mail today and I include a photo of a 2 page spread. That story's title is nothing new though: The Land that Time Forgot ... There is also an early illustration by Stan Drake in the book.

59833-JungleStories-Spring1942s.jpg.cc9c7e11f060ba8f6376c4598b3bc244.jpg

59835-JungleStories-2PageSplash.jpg.32daa82081dcf0112364c87583e907e2.jpg

I was just noticing how high the post count on this thread is getting. Remarkable!

the post count is not what is remarkable, the CONTENT is (thumbs u

I was just noticing how high the post count on this thread is getting. Remarkable!

the post count is not what is remarkable, the CONTENT is (thumbs u

...and as if on cue... (worship)

Stunning Tec 28!

detectivecomics28.jpg

OMG .... :o(worship):cloud9::takeit: <3 :luhv:^^:banana: (thumbs u :hi::o

Gorgeous copy as expected! (thumbs u

I have heard rumors that BZ uses copies like mine for reading in the bathroom/bathtub. lol

Here's a couple of photos for Scrooge.

(thumbs u and (worship) (worship) Those COLORS :o Quite a few cool covers too. That rampaging elephant seems :cloud9:

Simply amazing BZ as usual. Your pulp collection IS impressive ... at least, it impresses me :D

P.S.: Winter 1939 is another winner!

Edited by Scrooge

2561085652_06f97db072_b.jpg

2561085788_b5b56a0bdc_b.jpg

BZ,

Those early issues of Jungle that you posted are beautiful. The later issues are more common but still collectible. I think the covers were sometimes swiped for the comic but the comic covers were pretty good too. Although I have a preference for Jumbo, Jungle was a pretty good read. And I think Jumbo 137 qualifies as a Duck Book.

bb

2560263699_f3f18517bf_b.jpg

2560263927_ab5441e82b_b.jpg

2560264049_d6cfc9cac5_b.jpg

of course, i was secretly hoping for a response more in line with "ok rick, I'll sell it to you" :baiting:

lolcool_shades.gif

:sorry:

If I sold it...well...then I wouldn't I own it anymore. shakehead.gif

I'd probably end up having sleepless nights. I bet I'd quarrel with my wife. I most likely would have feuds with the neighbors. I might start hearing "voices." cry2.gif

I could end up living on the streets...with no friends, family...or comic books. cry.gif

Is THAT what you want? confused.gif