• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I have been watching a lot of 1950's and 60's TV shows recently on DVDs.

I spotted this scene last night during an episode of Ozzie and Harriet.

cosmic.jpg

I'm not familiar with that title. I wonder who published it?

:whistle:

cosmic.jpg

Isn't that a Johnson and Johnson ad on the back. Must be early forties golden age.

cosmic.jpg

Isn't that a Johnson and Johnson ad on the back. Must be early forties golden age.

:gossip:Johnson Smith Started in Oz? lol

Don't think the book exists. No GCD listing anyway.

cosmic.jpg

:gossip:Johnson Smith Started in Oz? lol

Don't think the book exists. No GCD listing anyway.

5133477063_51ded59fa5_b.jpg

Oh Yeah! Johnson Smith Co. I confused with the company that makes baby powder. Johnsom Smith sold everything from handguns to submarines on the back of those comics. Thats Tec 17 BTW

Oh Yeah! Johnson Smith Co. I confused with the company that makes baby powder. Johnsom Smith sold everything from handguns to submarines on the back of those comics. Thats Tec 17 BTW

I always enjoyed looking at the products advertised in those Johnson Smith ads but the only time I ever bought anything from a comic book was when I responded to the Honor House ad that appeared in Action Comics #291 and sent 25¢ for the voice throwing device.

honorhouse.jpg

I've been waiting patiently for it to arrive for the past 48 years. :taptaptap:

I hope it gets here soon. I'm becoming concerned that it might be lost in the mail. :eek:

I always enjoyed looking at the products advertised in those Johnson Smith ads but the only time I ever bought anything from a comic book was when I responded to the Honor House ad that appeared in Action Comics #291 and sent 25¢ for the voice throwing device.

honorhouse.jpg

I've been waiting patiently for it to arrive for the past 48 years. :taptaptap:

I hope it gets here soon. I'm becoming concerned that it might be lost in the mail. :eek:

Sorry about your bad luck. Fortunately you have all of those golden age comics to read and TV shows to watch until it arrives. Back in the sixties, I purchased the artist helper device listed just below that. It did arrive but never really helped me draw. I had to wait for the computer age and photoshop to recreate those covers I wanted.

Edited by BB-Gun

I like to kick back and listen to the soothing sounds of aerodynamic music...

Space Stories and Sounds

Saw them in the late '80's on a reunion tour.

THEY STILL ROCK :headbang:

I like to kick back and listen to the soothing sounds of aerodynamic music...

Space Stories and Sounds

Saw them in the late '80's on a reunion tour.

THEY STILL ROCK :headbang:

no way lol

Never seen this. It's funny to see a comic book series on a LP. Was there more than one album in the series?

Classics also released a "Golden Records Great Literature Series" in 1966. All were record with comic sets.

SLP-189: Black Beauty

SLP-190: Mutiny on the Bounty

SLP-191: The Time Machine

SLP-192: The Call of the Wild

My copy of the H.J. Ward book should arrive early next week. I already have read the fantastic Illustration Mag article Dave did on Ward. I don't know how much more information there will be but at least I can assume that there will be more illustrations. In fact, due to the extensive coverage in Illustration, I hesitated buying the book ... but in the end caved in.

Have you received your copy, BZ?

I received my copy today.

The book's contents look great but I'm very disappointed with Amazon's shipping department.

They scotch taped the invoice to the front dust jacket and the book's corners are severely crumpled. Apparently the book was dropped to the floor a couple of times before it was sent to me. :censored:

Sorry to hear about that, BZ :foryou:

I received my copy last week and I am very disappointed b/c it looks like most, if not the majority, of the text is verbatim what the issue of Illustration carried. Sure, there are more illos inside but ... at that price, I could have been better served with just the mag issue. meh

My copy of the H.J. Ward book should arrive early next week. I already have read the fantastic Illustration Mag article Dave did on Ward. I don't know how much more information there will be but at least I can assume that there will be more illustrations. In fact, due to the extensive coverage in Illustration, I hesitated buying the book ... but in the end caved in.

Have you received your copy, BZ?

I received my copy today.

The book's contents look great but I'm very disappointed with Amazon's shipping department.

They scotch taped the invoice to the front dust jacket and the book's corners are severely crumpled. Apparently the book was dropped to the floor a couple of times before it was sent to me. :censored:

I always send them back. Their shipping department has gotten horrible over the past few years. I've found my return rate to be around 40% these days. It can't be profitable for them, but maybe most people don't care.