• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

BZ,

I found a few interesting items while searching through my box of premiums.

bb

2203261419_38344bef3e_o.jpg

Not only are the stories a mix from different companies but they didn't just sell bb-guns (as every fan knows).

2203261533_272735e1a2_b.jpg

And I found an item for Jack.

2204053616_9524ee9367_b.jpg

v2/8 is one of the ones I still need...of course, I Think BZ posted all the ones I still need

BZ is bad news with his nasty habit of posting only things I need like Tarzan hardcovers, pulp paintings, Weird Tales pulps, movie posters, Centaur comics, DC Comics, Timely comics, Arkham house press hardcovers...

I demand a congressional investigation rantrant

BZ,

And I found an item for Jack.

2204053616_9524ee9367_b.jpg

Thanks!

Microscopic worlds -- one of my favorite subgenres!

This looks like the version where the nucleus is a "planet" and electrons its "moons" -- right? Do they identify the atom (element)? Do you have any more page scans?

Is this story in the Daisy book you showed? The cover is at GCD, but it's not indexed. Apparently originally from Captain Marvel Adventures 76, reprinted (in part?) at least once in Australian Captain Marvel Adventures 18.

Thanks for pointing it out.

(If anyone has a good scan of Captain Marvel Adventures 76, the GCD scan needs improvement.)

Jack

v2/8 is one of the ones I still need...of course, I Think BZ posted all the ones I still need

BZ is bad news with his nasty habit of posting only things I need like Tarzan hardcovers, pulp paintings, Weird Tales pulps, movie posters, Centaur comics, DC Comics, Timely comics, Arkham house press hardcovers...

I demand a congressional investigation rantrant

search warrant, raid and SEIZURE can be the only acceptable result!

Jack,

The Atom story is from the Daisy Handbook. Unfortunately I didn't read the story carefully and I can't tell you which atom they were traveling in. I will dig it back out again and find the answer.

BB

Jack,

The Atom story is from the Daisy Handbook. Unfortunately I didn't read the story carefully and I can't tell you which atom they were traveling in. I will dig it back out again and find the answer.

BB

Thanks!

When it comes to this stuff, I'm insatiable.

Encountered while I was looking for the original publication of the Atom Embassador story.

51293-27927_4_014.jpg

Good thing it wasn't a Batman story. He already takes enough flak about his "hobby".

Jack

spellcheck what?

Jack,

Carbon atoms were being smashed in the story. Since carbon is the backbone of life, destroying those atoms would destroy another universe (the subatomic one). Our universe (or the Capt. Marvel universe) was also being destroyed by another "mad" scientist who was smashing atoms. I don't explain 'em. I just read 'em.

bb

HAW! I suppose that made sense to a 9-year-old in 1947!

I wonder whether Otto Binder wrote it. No GCD credit.

Thanks for the Cap Marvel Jr cover too.

Jack

Jack,

Carbon atoms were being smashed in the story. Since carbon is the backbone of life, destroying those atoms would destroy another universe (the subatomic one). Our universe (or the Capt. Marvel universe) was also being destroyed by another "mad" scientist who was smashing atoms. I don't explain 'em. I just read 'em.

bb

We just bought a new camera recently and I think I may need to put it through a trial run.

I'm trying to decide which of the following cover paintings would make a good test subject.

Does anyone have a preference?

StarDetective.jpg

AllStarDetective.jpg

51286-kdffilchock.jpg

Neat cover which Martin Filchock did a recreation for me at the age of 95. Simply a wonderful guy. Jon

(worship) I love all your recreations, Jon.

I wish I owned a few of them. :(

While I think it is very cool to have a re-creation done by a golden age artist, and I recognize the historic implications about such covers, I just don't get this cover at all. Honestly guys, it is just not good.

:sorry: