• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

weirdtales1933_07.jpg

This is why people shouldn't smoke! :pullhair:

weirdtales1933_03.jpg

Bangzoom, the condition on your pulps is utterly amazing! :o

Were these purchased and immediately stored and never read? I have never seen any pulps for sale in this nice of condition.

BZ, can you post the Queen of the Black Coast cover? This should be Conan's first cover appearance (1934 or 1935 issue - blue cover with a winged dude attacking Conan and a damsel in distress if I recall my copy correctly).

There were not too many Conan covers, although I can't really complain as I would prefer to look at the Brundage Babes instead of some barbarian on the covers. (thumbs u

I love your WEIRD's Bangzoom!! Just outstanding pulps. They must be some of the highest grade copies in existence!!!

St. John and Brundage were as good as it gets for pulp covers... wow. Sheer originality and genius in their use of their mediums (oil and pastel respectively).

I also like seeing your very early WEIRD TALES... like "the Giant Flea" cover or that man caught in the giant spider web. They have an odd charm all their own.

Do you have that cool cover with the Brontosaurus, that looks like it came form the movie "the Lost World" (1925)?

I think I like pulps simply because of the gratuitus use of breasts. :cloud9:

So I guess these Fox covers don't work for you.

bb

I found these on line in a shared file.

2472126452_ff2db4f351_b.jpg

2472126770_ce0fa89cf9_b.jpg

2471305323_156361c80f_b.jpg

2471305323_156361c80f_b.jpg

I like this cover.

I love the witch, sad tree, and most of all, the angular smoke coming from the chimney of the house.

Dr. Seuss rarely drew a straight line; Matt Fox seemingly used nothing but straight lines. lol