• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Aaaahh Spicy pulp writers ... what else are they going to think of next? I mean, how can you top an entire race of small naked women?!? lol -

With an entire race of small naked men, naturally.

Jack

Did I win another quiz?

Aaaahh Spicy pulp writers ... what else are they going to think of next? I mean, how can you top an entire race of small naked women?!? lol -

With an entire race of small naked men, naturally.

Jack

Did I win another quiz?

doh! I can't say I'm surprised. I knew it was coming but still ... :baiting:

This guy likes to keep them nice and cool -

57771-SpicyAdventures-May1937.jpg.a7e5b39ab3e09a7645d349f46153852b.jpg

Ask your newsdealer for Prize Comics.

:o Doctor Death and Power Nelson are using the same secret code! :gossip:

The JJSA liked to change their codes often. I guess they wanted something for the new readers.

bb

2474851574_deb6e074c9_o.jpg

Of course, if you're trapped in a wild voodoo ceremony, your worries are of a different kind ... 57770-SpicyAdventure-BlackMurder.jpg

I've never read a Spicy pulp story.

Are they worth trying?

Any recommendations?

Of course, if you're trapped in a wild voodoo ceremony, your worries are of a different kind ...

Are they worth trying?

From those I've seen, it's no Black Mask ...

Find the bogus ad. The same ad was used at least three times but I changed one of them can you guess which?

bb

The one on the right?

Correct! I think the latest ad that we found was for All Star 50. The issue #57 ad is bogus. It was noted in the All Star Companion that the comic was not advertised very much near the end of the run. By the way the last Companion was pretty good. Check it out if you don't have a copy.

bb

2475807038_d85e5b4b7f.jpg

BZ, can you post the Queen of the Black Coast cover? This should be Conan's first cover appearance (1934 or 1935 issue - blue cover with a winged dude attacking Conan and a damsel in distress if I recall my copy correctly).

There were not too many Conan covers, although I can't really complain as I would prefer to look at the Brundage Babes instead of some barbarian on the covers. (thumbs u

I'll post a bunch of 1934 and 1935 Weird Tales covers in the next week or two. (thumbs u

:popcorn:

There are nine issues where a Conan story made the cover, only three of which actually have Conan himself. Usually it is just the nude or semi-nude damsel of the story in some sort of lesbo-bondage scene. :cloud9:

BZ, can you post the Queen of the Black Coast cover? This should be Conan's first cover appearance (1934 or 1935 issue - blue cover with a winged dude attacking Conan and a damsel in distress if I recall my copy correctly).

There were not too many Conan covers, although I can't really complain as I would prefer to look at the Brundage Babes instead of some barbarian on the covers. (thumbs u

I'll post a bunch of 1934 and 1935 Weird Tales covers in the next week or two. (thumbs u

:popcorn:

There are nine issues where a Conan story made the cover, only three of which actually have Conan himself. Usually it is just the nude or semi-nude damsel of the story in some sort of lesbo-bondage scene. :cloud9:

I can picture a group of kids going to a newstand in the 30s and having to make a decision - Ugly barbarian or half naked hottie in bondage scene hm:juggle: - tough choice! lol

Edited by kimik

Are they worth trying?

From those I've seen, it's no Black Mask ...

What about Bellem's stories?

I've read some of his detective stories and they were enjoyable in a goofy sort of way.

What about Bellum's stories?

I've read some of his detective stories and they were enjoyable in a goofy sort of way.

We should try this. Let's both (and everyone with the inclination) read the following Bellem story for Spicy Mystery (Dec. 1936) and report here! Here's the link to the PDF of that story:

Bellem's The Moon-God Takes [Note: Clicking on the link will open an Explorer window and then start downloading a PDF file]

I just printed it and plan on reading later tonight.

What about Bellum's stories?

We should try this. Let's both (and everyone with the inclination) read the following Bellem story for Spicy Mystery (Dec. 1936) and report here! Here's the link to the PDF of that story:

Bellem's The Moon-God Takes [Note: Clicking on the link will open an Explorer window and then start downloading a PDF file]

I just printed it and plan on reading later tonight.