• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Zipper's Eagle Has Landed

21 posts in this topic

I am happy to report that, after a long and frustrating job search, I have accepted a good management position at one of the world's largest companies. Better pay, much better bennies... and hopefully much more stable than my last employment nightmare before I was laid off last year.

Thankfully, I won't have to move either. grin.gif

Thanks to the many board members who provided a ton of support in a tough period. flowerred.gif

Now, if I had only landed the job 2 weeks earlier I could have gone to the NYC Con and spent with wild abandon! tongue.gif

I am happy to report that, after a long and frustrating job search, I have accepted a good management position at one of the world's largest companies. Better pay, much better bennies... and hopefully much more stable than my last employment nightmare before I was laid off last year.

Thanks to the many board members who provided a ton of support in a tough period. flowerred.gif

Now, if I had only landed the job 2 weeks earlier I could have gone to the NYC Con and spent with wild abandon! tongue.gif

Great news Zip!! I am very happy it worked out for you. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Good luck with your new job Zip that is really great to hear, glad to hear things are looking up for you.

Not to be a downer or derail the thread, but my wife got a phone call today informing her that a good friend and classmate of hers finally passed away this morning at the age of 40. She fought Cancer for 5 years. Greta went to a fundraising party benifit for her just 2 weks ago to help her family deal with bills

Well I guess that was a downer, sorry. But in a make you think and appreciate all we are blessed with kind of way. They said to the last day Kim had a smile on her face and tried to make others laugh.

It was nice to hear of your good news today Steve, Best of luck in the new job

Kenny

That is awesome Steve.

I hope this will work out for you.

Being laid off totally blows and the the last time it happened to me

my number one priority was finding a position that had plenty of

job security.

KUDOS - to you and your family!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Steve,

That is GREAT news! cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

So glad to hear that everything worked out on the job search front. I am glad you racked up that extra bit of good karma by sending me all of the Spidey collectible series books for free (free shipping too, for those who are wondering how he built up his good karma). I want you to know that I sacrificed ten chickens, two goats, and 1.5 yaks (don't ask) to the elder gods of the universe to bring you luck.

poke2.gif

But seriously - I'm so happy it worked out! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Scott

Steve,

So glad to hear that everything worked out on the job search front. I am glad you racked up that extra bit of good karma by sending me all of the Spidey collectible series books for free (free shipping too, for those who are wondering how he built up his good karma). I want you to know that I sacrificed ten chickens, two goats, and 1.5 yaks (don't ask) to the elder gods of the universe to bring you luck.

poke2.gif

But seriously - I'm so happy it worked out! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Scott

I sacrificed a virgin for him...

Or a girls virginity.. I forget

That's great Steve! 893applaud-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I would really like an Action #105 for Christmas poke2.gif

Steve,

poke2.gif

Scott

I sacrificed a virgin for him...

Or a girls virginity.. I forget

What was his name? confused-smiley-013.gif

Congrats! I'm in such a position myself and will hopefully have a great new job soon after going through some troubling times at my current place of employment!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Congrats! I'm in such a position myself and will hopefully have a great new job soon after going through some troubling times at my current place of employment!

Good luck Roy. My last company was circling the drain and we were tortured by senior management daily for about 7 months before the layoffs finally hit.

It's all about persistence. You have to market yourself through every possible channel relentlessly. Cold calling, networking, replying to posted jobs and every other angle you can conjure. Unless you live in a big city, higher level jobs are very tough to land. But you will succeed with persistence.

thumbsup2.gif

I am glad you racked up that extra bit of good karma by sending me all of the Spidey collectible series books for free (free shipping too, for those who are wondering how he built up his good karma). I want you to know that I sacrificed ten chickens, two goats, and 1.5 yaks (don't ask) to the elder gods of the universe to bring you luck.

That just may be what put me over the top.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifhail.gif