• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kansas City Planet Comic-Con May 5th and 6th 2007

157 posts in this topic

I'll follow one of you guys there. Or I'll get a map.

It's quite literally just down the street. The convention center is on 119th and Metcalf and Jack Stack is on 95th and Metcalf! Easy cheesy.

Hell, I'll even provide a lift for three or four people if anyone's interested!

Do we have any votes on a time? I'm assuming this will be on Saturday the 5th (?), and I'm open for anything. 5? 5:30? (The show ends at 5...)

At least 5:30, maybe even 5:45... I consistently have customers hanging around at the end of show days, and I won't be leaving the booth until business is done...

But the place sounds great... thumbsup2.gif

My suggestion for a restaurant is: Jack Fiorella's! So delicious.)

I second the vote for Jack Stack! cloud9.gif

How sad, I've lived here all my life (minus two years in Japan) and I've never eaten there or even heard of it before sorry.gif

Sounds really good though:

http://kansascity.citysearch.com/review/34853236

So, are you in?? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You bet thumbsup2.gifyay.gif

Just sent my check off today so I'll be set up. I have never sold at Planet but I'm very much looking forward to it.

Funny thing is I used to promote shows in CA. back in the late 80's and Chris was a dealer at my shows.

How sad, I've lived here all my life (minus two years in Japan) and I've never eaten there or even heard of it before

That is a little hard to believe since KC is such a big barbeque town.

It's definitely one of the better eateries in town in my opinion. They have a little of everything on their menu from sandwiches to more upscale entrees like prime rib, rack of lamb, and farm raised salmon.

I had a dish called an Arkansas Topper two weeks ago and it was the 893censored-thumb.gif!

It's a grilled chicken breast topped with your choice of barbeque meat and then covered with cheese. cloud9.gif

Japan sounds cool. You probably weren't there two years for pleasure though. My wife and I have always wanted to visit and hopefully will someday. One of my other favorite restaurants happens to be a Japanese restaurant called Sushi House. Their Godzilla roll is awesome.

Just sent my check off today so I'll be set up. I have never sold at Planet but I'm very much looking forward to it.

Funny thing is I used to promote shows in CA. back in the late 80's and Chris was a dealer at my shows.

DARN !!! Leroy made another post poke2.gif just kidding -- good to see you`re gonna be there too .. Marc and I grabbed a couple booths and are looking forward to it too ... and i looked at the menu for the bar-b-q place and all I have to say is YUM !! .. BigMike sumo.gif

yay.gifyay.gif

So do we know if CGC will have any presence there?

I was hoping to drop some books off and save some postage money.

I know they were there a couple years ago.

yay.gifyay.gif

So do we know if CGC will have any presence there?

I was hoping to drop some books off and save some postage money.

I know they were there a couple years ago.

I'm hoping so too. They were there the last time I went back in 2004 (I think it was 2004 anyways)

I was wondering if anyone could do me a little favor while they are there. J.J. Kirby will be there and if possible and you happen to see him can you ask can him where this piece is from. I will be in your debt. hail.gif I still haven't found out anything about this item.

jjkthing.jpg

I was wondering if anyone could do me a little favor while they are there. J.J. Kirby will be there and if possible and you happen to see you ask can him where this piece is from. I will be in you debt. hail.gif I still haven't found out anything about this item.

I was wondering if anyone could do me a little favor while they are there. J.J. Kirby will be there and if possible and you happen to see him, can you ask where this piece is from. I will be in you debt. hail.gif I still haven't found out anything about this item.

gossip.gif Fixed that for ya thumbsup2.gif

So you decided to leave the "in you debt" part???

Remind me not to hire you as my proofreader. foreheadslap.gif

stooges.gif

I am officially confirmed for this show. Will give a booth location when Chris gets it to me. I'll have three spaces there, and the current odds are 83% that I will have a buxom female assisting me. thumbsup2.gif

stooges.gif

I am officially confirmed for this show. Will give a booth location when Chris gets it to me. I'll have three spaces there, and the current odds are 83% that I will have a buxom female assisting me. thumbsup2.gif

Will you have a comfy chair for me to stop by and take a rest? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

stooges.gif

Wow, what a coincidence...I was figuring on there being an 83% chance of me stopping by your booth and giving a long good look at your...comics. grin.gif

stooges.gif

Wow, what a coincidence...I was figuring on there being an 83% chance of me stopping by your booth .....

Not much room left what with me kicking back and putting my feet up on a box of his trades. confused-smiley-013.gif