• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 - NEW SCANS!!!

107 posts in this topic

I could go along with a 5.5 because the rest of the book looks fantastic.. The only thing I might be leary about is the bottom of the back cover looks like it was a moisture stain running along the entire edge confused-smiley-013.gif but could be the scanner creating the illusion

It looks more like a light oxidation shadow. A water stain wouldn't be that straight or that uniform. A light oxidation shadow shouldn't even affect the grade of the book in that range. I am thinking 5.0 to 5.5, with 5.0 being more likely simply because the crease is so large. I would not argue too much with 5.5 though, because the rest of the book is beautiful.

Slightly off topic here, but related 270099925152 check out this AF15

1. yes that is a 'piece' out of the cover

2. What fool would have that shipped for $3 by media mail?

Also check this number: 160098456332

1. What fool would buy this? don't get me wrong, I'm tempted to put down $500 just to see, but 0 feedback....just look at the auction....your chances of getting burned? 100%

1. What fool would buy this? don't get me wrong, I'm tempted to put down $500 just to see, but 0 feedback....just look at the auction....your chances of getting burned? 100%

What are we supposed to do with these numbers? screwy.gif

gossip.gifLazy-azz confused-smiley-013.gif

Okay...so they are like Ebay auction numbers...and yes I am lazy, and of course it would take me several years to figure out how to link them. wink.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/1962-Amazing-Fantasy...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

I could go along with a 5.5 because the rest of the book looks fantastic.. The only thing I might be leary about is the bottom of the back cover looks like it was a moisture stain running along the entire edge confused-smiley-013.gif but could be the scanner creating the illusion

It looks more like a light oxidation shadow. A water stain wouldn't be that straight or that uniform. A light oxidation shadow shouldn't even affect the grade of the book in that range. I am thinking 5.0 to 5.5, with 5.0 being more likely simply because the crease is so large. I would not argue too much with 5.5 though, because the rest of the book is beautiful.

thumbsup2.gif That was my second guess yeahok.gif

Okay...so they are like Ebay auction numbers...and yes I am lazy, and of course it would take me several years to figure out how to link them. wink.gif

flowerred.gif

#1 reported as fraud

#2 may not be too far off the FMV for the book . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, hard to believe I was only one buyer away from this deal tonofbricks.gif

I am glad that my friend picked it up for a fair price. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I know what you mean when I tried this simple stunt the other day and had a minor setback.

Nice work NOOB!! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifflowerred.gif